Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DDJ-800 SW Mic
Can anyone explain to me what the DDJ-800 SW Mic option is for? I attached a picture. Look at the lower right hand corner.
Is this option used to send a mic signal to the internet via usb? If not, can someone tell me what it is for?

Posted Sat 25 Apr 20 @ 4:18 pm

Posted Sat 25 Apr 20 @ 4:26 pm
Thanks Rune!

That's exactly what I thought. I am trying to send a broadcast signal with music and my mic. I have SW mic selected, but it's not transmitting my voice over the internet. I can't figure out why. (Scratching my head)

Posted Sat 25 Apr 20 @ 4:49 pm
Little unsure when it comes to the software vs hardware mode control
When software mic, are you enabling and controlling the mic in the software ?

At master panel at the mixer section, turn "ON" for example

Although, the controller itself might also have on/off that works for software mic too.. See #24 here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddj800/layout/mixer.html

Posted Sat 25 Apr 20 @ 5:02 pm
Yes. It's turned on in the Master section and I also turned it on physically on the controller just like in the picture. (Still scratching my head)
Thanks for your help. Please let me know if you think of anything else. I am wondering if it is a routing issue now on this page:

Posted Sat 25 Apr 20 @ 5:07 pm
Rune!!!

Nevermind! You were right! I didn't have the software mic turned on as displayed in your picture. Just turned it on and bam!!! It's working perfectly now.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Posted Sat 25 Apr 20 @ 5:14 pm
DJay 2Legit wrote :
Rune!!!

Nevermind! You were right! I didn't have the software mic turned on as displayed in your picture. Just turned it on and bam!!! It's working perfectly now.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

ah good good ;-)

Posted Sat 25 Apr 20 @ 5:26 pm
kichu20PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi guys,
Need your help here, I have same microphone issue with my unit. Using Mac pro and here is the setup config screen shots

Posted Fri 30 Apr 21 @ 11:39 am

Posted Fri 30 Apr 21 @ 12:11 pm
I recently got a DDJ-800. I’ve practiced on it a few times but today is the first time I plugged it into the systems and hooked up mics. I got nothing on both mic 1 and 2. Yes I adjusted levels and had the button in the on position. Turned everything off to have some lunch came back and turned everything on fresh and got my shure wireless to work on mic 2. Got it all set up and eq’d how I wanted. Turned the mic off and when I went to turn it back on nothing. I tried to restart several times and nothing. So to recap it’s worked once on mic 2 input and never on mic 1

Posted Fri 02 Jul 21 @ 11:58 pm
Im running into same issue, DDJ800 Mic 1 goes deal with wireless shure mic, first starts off great, then about 2hrs in, mic goes dead thru board, have to remove mic and go directly thru speakers for it to work. Switch on and off on board, un plug and replug same issue, have to end up restarting board for mic to come back, seems like for some reason, mic goes to sleep thru board and then never can wake up again unless restarted. Latest firmware update installed. Anyone find a fix for this?

Posted Thu 21 Oct 21 @ 6:47 pm
Do you use software or hardware MIC configuration ?
Have you tried to switch MIC configuration to see if that helps ?

BTW: Is there any chance that you have your speakers connected on BOOTH output instead of MASTER ?

Posted Thu 21 Oct 21 @ 10:36 pm
I can try to switch this and see if the issues act up again and just reconfirmed, i do have connected thru master out not booth out, its just weird, mic works fine at beginning of event, then just quits working and nothing can be done to resolve issue unless I reboot it.

Posted Fri 22 Oct 21 @ 5:45 pm