Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ 7 with Denon MC6000 MK2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Let's start by saying that I do have Virtual DJ 8 (pro edition), but I have been using Virtual DJ 7 for very long time. I'm almost ready to switch over and this post may answer itself in forcing me to do that now, but here it goes. Will Virtual DJ 7 work with the Denon MC6000 MK2? I have two Denon MC6000s that I've been using, but recently bought a MK2 and I can't get it to work. Thanks

Posted Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 8:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 8:19 pm
No, I can get Virtual DJ 8 to sync up perfectly with the Denon MC6000 MK2. I can't get Virtual DJ 7 to sync up, though.

Posted Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 9:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Mk2 is not supported in ver7, so your only chance is to use ver 8 with it

Posted Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 10:25 pm
como. avanzo mi licencia. virtual dj 7. para. que trabaje. con. el. nuevo.

Posted Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 3:07 am
djefiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
djdad wrote :
Mk2 is not supported in ver7, so your only chance is to use ver 8 with it

I considered purchasing Denon DJ MC6000MK2 I saw in this post that version 7 is not supported. But in the table on VDJPEDIA

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ7%20Controllers.html

The Denon DJ MC6000MK2 appears as supported in version 7.

Also on the official Danon website. MK2 appears as supported in version 7.
https://www.denondj.com/kb/1834/#soundsetup

Although I have a pro license I'm not interested in moving to version 8.
Is there anything Can confirm that MK2 worked with version 7.4.7?

Posted Sat 04 Jan 20 @ 2:40 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
The 6000MK2 is supported in a later version of V7, however V7 is no longer supported and nearly 3.5 years out of date, so the best bet is to move to V8/2020 for best results. (I use the 6000MK2 controllers exclusively at the moment, and they work awesomely!)

Posted Sat 04 Jan 20 @ 3:29 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to VDJ 8/2020 a while ago, but up until then I was running Virtual DJ 7 with my Denon 6000MK2 controller from the day I bought it about 7 years ago without any problems at all from day 1 so it was definitely supported.

What problems are you experiencing and what OS are you using, I know a recent Windows 10 upgrade did something to the stop the Denon ASIO driver from working with Virtual DJ but the guys at Atomix did something to solve the problem.

Posted Sat 04 Jan 20 @ 10:26 pm
djkrysr wrote :
I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to VDJ 8/2020 a while ago, but up until then I was running Virtual DJ 7 with my Denon 6000MK2 controller from the day I bought it about 7 years ago without any problems at all from day 1 so it was definitely supported.

What problems are you experiencing and what OS are you using, I know a recent Windows 10 upgrade did something to the stop the Denon ASIO driver from working with Virtual DJ but the guys at Atomix did something to solve the problem.

First, thanks for your response
I haven't purchased the device yet. That's why I haven't had any problems yet
I am an old school guy, I use WIN XP and M Audio Controller, unfortunately one passed away this week and I only have one good controller left, so looking to buy a new device and thought about the Denon DJ MC6000MK2.
Every time a new version comes out I test it on my desktop (WIN10) but to date, I have not found a good reason to switch to version 8, in my opinion XP is the most stable and best operating system there is. And this set-up & VDJ 7.4.7 meets my needs.

Posted Sat 04 Jan 20 @ 11:09 pm
djefi wrote :
XP is the most stable and best

Support for XP ended in 2014 - six years ago.

You will also find that new products will not have drivers compatible with such an old, outdated OS.

It's also a fact that software will now often only run on a 64 bit system. Currently VDJ is still available as 32 bit, but for how long?

I also used XP extensively in the past - until I needed to install drivers that required a minimum of Windows 7. Now I have updated the OS on all my laptops.

Most have Windows 10 (even an old Samsung NC10 netbook) but the oldest system I have installed now is Windows 8.1 (which has another 3yrs of extended support).

Posted Sun 05 Jan 20 @ 9:36 am
groovindj wrote :

Support for XP ended in 2014 - six years ago.
You will also find that new products will not have drivers compatible with such an old, outdated OS.
It's also a fact that software will now often only run on a 64 bit system. Currently VDJ is still available as 32 bit, but for how long?

My laptop is for one purpose only, to run VDJ 7.4.7. I connect the controller and the external disk with the music files. WD produces larger than 2 TB disks supported in XP (who would like an explanation? I'd love to give it) and that's it !!
So it doesn't really bother me That support for XP ended in 2014.

By the way, Microsoft continues to provide security updates to XP even these days. There are still many ATMs running XP.

Posted Sun 05 Jan 20 @ 2:50 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The security updates for XP are limited to those versions of XP specifically for ATMs and other embedded systems AFAIK. They are not distributed for regular XP installations.
Therefore, absolutely make sure never ever to connect this machine to the internet.

Other than that you are of course free to continue using it, but it will remain the same as it was many years ago, and in terms of support you'd pretty much be on your own.

Posted Sun 05 Jan 20 @ 3:21 pm
Adion wrote :
but it will remain the same as it was...........

Excellent!! It has been working for me for many years without fail :)
And if the Denon MC6000 MK2 fits into this setup? I am satisfied

Posted Sun 05 Jan 20 @ 4:21 pm
Well you're lucky the MC6000 mk2 is old enough to have drivers that still support XP - but as I mentioned, new products will not have support for operating systems that old.

You will at some future point need to update your OS, so IMO you may as well "bite the bullet" and do it now.

Posted Sun 05 Jan 20 @ 4:30 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I totally understand your feeling that if it works great now then why update, I would however urge you to at least install VDJ2020 on another machine or under a different user just to give it a go, I was very late upgrading to v8 because v7 worked so well, however I could not imagine ever going back now.
The program is so much better and improves on so many things that you may not even appreciate until you have them, and this from someone who only upgraded last year.

Posted Sun 05 Jan 20 @ 7:09 pm
djkrysr wrote :

I'm still having problems with ASIO and Wasapi driver using the MC6000 mk2. cracks 'n pops sometimes and hiccups.. also opening my internet browser seems to cause more trouble.
I'm using an external audio interface but can't monitor anything.
I think I use the latest update (VDJ 2020) as I always got asked whenever a new update is launched.

Tell me, aren't you experiencing any problems?? I tested it now with 2 different laptops on W10 and they're having the same problems :-(

Posted Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 11:25 am
MacGyverGear wrote :
djkrysr wrote :

I'm still having problems with ASIO and Wasapi driver using the MC6000 mk2. cracks 'n pops sometimes and hiccups.. also opening my internet browser seems to cause more trouble.
I think I use the latest update (VDJ 2020) as I always got asked whenever a new update is launched.

Tell me, aren't you experiencing any problems?? I tested it now with 2 different laptops on W10 and they're having the same problems :-(

Found the solution for my troubles in this thread: https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/229555/General_Discussion/Denon_ASIO_driver_no_longer_used_on_windows_(use_WASAPI_instead).html
After installing the 1.0.3. drivers ASIO and Wasapi works just like in the old days.. :-)

Posted Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 8:09 pm
MacGyverGear wrote :
MacGyverGear wrote :
djkrysr wrote :

Found the solution for my troubles in this thread: https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/229555/General_Discussion/Denon_ASIO_driver_no_longer_used_on_windows_(use_WASAPI_instead).html
After installing the 1.0.3. drivers ASIO and Wasapi works just like in the old days.. :-)

Edit: Cheered to soon.. still cracks and pops.. a bit better but still not usable. All is going well untill I give my laptop some tasks.. (open webbrowser, video/shader stuff.. etc..)

Posted Sat 11 Jan 20 @ 12:43 am

Posted Sat 11 Jan 20 @ 12:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)