Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Faulty Denon MC6000 Mk1, VDJ 8.2 to the rescue :-) - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

It was 28 degrees here & we ran 7.2 miles in it, phew! Just out of daftness I weighed myself before & after, in 1hr 10 mins I lost 6lbs! Will put it straight back on after some food & drink of course. No wonder I felt more tired than usual. Cook or take away........ hmmm....... then down to business with this MC6000.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 16 @ 7:35 pm
Did 2 weddings at the weekend with the MC6000 Mk2 and VDJ8.2 and loving it. What a combination!

Was very impressed with the sound quality, even on mediocre equipment. Nice punchy bass and crystal clear highs. Also liking the native mapping the VDJ heroes have done, thanks guys. Although, I've added my own custom features I used for years with the Mk1;

SHIFT + PLAY BUTTONS = Smartplay ON/OFF
var '$shift' ? holding 500ms ? goto_first_beat : smart_play : play_pause

SHIFT + VINYL = Pitch Reset
var '$shift' ? pitch_reset : vinyl_mode

One negative though - the supplied USB cable. Plugging in the USB to the back of the unit was very difficult initially, took a hard push before it 'clicked in' properly. Worse was the other end, plugging into the MBP the USB was very slack and VDJ would not link up to the unit. Might need nipping with a pair of pliers to tighten it. I ended up using the original USB cable that I used with the Mk1, that worked fine.

Overall very pleased. Now what to do with the MC6000 Mk1? Repair and keep as a backup? What would be the resale value? Would it be worth selling bearing in mind the cost of repairs?

Posted Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 12:01 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Looking at ebay and gumtree these are floating about for £150-£200 in good order, I'd take the risk and repair try it yourself, not much to lose but quite a skill to gain.

Posted Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 1:31 am
Chief get Pioneer controller! I had denon mc6000 mk1 same problems faders,tactile switches are cheap on Denon controllers that's why I have never upgrade on mk2 waste of money,Pioneer make switches build to last believe me ......
If you got money get Pioneer you wont regret ..... Pioneer controllers you can trust!

Posted Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 8:43 am
nicholas123 - My previous post states that I have already bought the MC6000 Mk2 and loving it. They have improved the Mk2 over the Mk1 in many areas including the play/cue buttons. I'll stick with Denon and know I won't regret it thanks.

Posted Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 2:04 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The only controller that has failed under guarantee whilst I was working was a Pioneer DDJ SX.
It took a month for them to fix it.

You take a chance whatever you buy.

Posted Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 4:40 pm
If you want to sell your mark one in its faulty state, pm me, I love mine, but alas the headphone amp has failed, cant find the supplier of the chip any ware, I have doctored it with a standard op amp on a separate little board, would be nice to get mine back to its original state!

Posted Thu 11 Aug 16 @ 8:59 pm
Haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet, may have it fixed and keep as a backup.

Posted Thu 11 Aug 16 @ 11:32 pm
sureview wrote :
If you want to sell your mark one in its faulty state, pm me, I love mine, but alas the headphone amp has failed, cant find the supplier of the chip any ware, I have doctored it with a standard op amp on a separate little board, would be nice to get mine back to its original state!

Hi, what chip do you need ?

Posted Fri 12 Aug 16 @ 6:30 am
its the op amp that drives the final stage of the headphone amp

the details on the chip top are

BPB
TI 05w
Z50D

Posted Fri 12 Aug 16 @ 2:46 pm
When you posted about this two years ago, I mentioned Charles Hyde at http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk who provide spare parts and service manuals for Denon stuff.

Posted Fri 12 Aug 16 @ 3:53 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
sureview wrote :
would be nice to get mine back to its original state!

Why bother? All the best gear [that has stood the test of time]I've seen has ropey soldering, jumper wires everywhere and is usually held together with gaffa tape XD

Posted Fri 12 Aug 16 @ 5:19 pm
Charles hyde don't seem to have the chip , but will gladly sell me the I/o board complete at round £206
but its good to know that the faders, tact switches, and membrane buttons are available

Posted Sat 13 Aug 16 @ 10:46 am
It was the service manual that I thought you'd be interested in. Circuit diagram etc.

Posted Sat 13 Aug 16 @ 10:48 am
sureview wrote :
its the op amp that drives the final stage of the headphone amp

the details on the chip top are

BPB
TI 05w
Z50D

Do you have a photo of the op? Above letters must be wrong somewhere.

Posted Sat 13 Aug 16 @ 5:48 pm

Posted Tue 16 Aug 16 @ 1:53 pm
Hi...i am a new user here. I had MK2 as a temporary replacement while original was being fixed. I thinks the software control is horrible compared to the external mode of the MK1.Then i bought my one the week they came out and have only had to replace the play & pause switches. Believe it or not all four faders still work perfectly after all this time. I think if you are heavy handed and press down while sliding them it wears the contacts out.

Posted Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 3:32 pm
Totally agree. The software mix is horrible compared to the Mk1 and I use the booth out EQ all the time which is also missing on the Mk2.

I have had my one since December 2010 and have replaced the play/pause switches four times now. This time I used generic tactile switches from RS components (as the Denon ones aren't available any more) and they are so much better. The circuit board is getting a bit fried now with all the soldering but apart from the switches there's been absolutely no problems. One of my DJ mates is a bit rough on his MC6000 and the faders have gone twice on his because he pushes down on them.

I'm using it three times a week at present and it's superb. Glad I have a new spare one tucked away as there's nothing out there at present to replace it with.

Posted Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 3:40 pm
to keep the faders in good condition your can lubricate them , the real good stuff to use is a carbon powder, I have had a small bottle of it for years , a small amount every 6 months and the faders will last forever (nearly)

Posted Thu 16 Feb 17 @ 2:11 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Isn't cabon powder conductive?

Posted Thu 16 Feb 17 @ 4:17 pm
91%