Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mapper Wanted Pioneer DDJ-SR - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is there a mapper for the Pioneer DDJ-SR
Does anybody know if the Shift Key is locked by Pioneer like the Ergo or you can assign midi to it?
Any mapping issues with this unit?

Posted Tue 29 Oct 13 @ 5:19 pm

Not a mapper for SR yet, but should come soon i bet.
The shift key can be mapped, and is on the SX (that is already plug and play with VDJ)

If you want to give it a go to map it yourself, its fairly easy.
I bet it has a lot of same things like the DDJ-SX, and by downloading a mapper for that, you can see what works good.
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/controllers.html?category=best&order=default&search=DDJ-SX

You would need to make a definition file, thats the more challenging job, but its pretty much tracing all the midi signals from the controller.
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinition.html

If this sounds very "greek" to you, just be patient, and a mapper will come soon I bet.

Posted Wed 30 Oct 13 @ 7:30 am
I did like you suggested and used the midi mode based on an XR mapper but is not quite right. For example the fader gets a lag.
Could/should this controller be used in HID mode in order to get it to work as it should?

Posted Tue 26 Nov 13 @ 11:00 am
hi there i have already the pioneer ddj sb and i need some help or link if some one have this information
is there some mapper for pioneer dj to use with pioneer ddj sb
i will appreciate a lot if some one can help me
my email addres is

*****@******
i need some help for this many thanks or
if some one can tell me how can i do it that
cheers

[Sorry, posting contact details is not permitted for unlicensed users. Please read the forum rules.]

Posted Wed 25 Dec 13 @ 11:35 am
Does anyone know if or when mappers for the Pioneer DDJ-SR will be released? I can't take Serato DJ.

Posted Fri 27 Dec 13 @ 10:23 pm
I'm waiting for Native Mapping, gonna spoil myself to a new controller and this seems to do what I want and be something that'll last.

Not sure whether we'll see another iteration of 7.x before 8 now - but who knows.

Posted Sat 28 Dec 13 @ 9:48 am
Did this map come out yet?

its ok i found it

What about sound settings? are these correct?

Posted Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 5:51 am
Just using the mapper and although the deck buttons change on the skin when selected when you hit play the same deck play, basically 1 & 2.

3 & 4 show as been selected but it s 3 & 4 that work.

Pitch buttons do not light up.

Posted Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 7:14 am
I was able to build and change the SX mapper but is not complete so if you want to play with it PM me and I'll send you the file

Posted Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 7:44 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 9:04 am
Tried to update firmware and all i get is your ddj sr is not connected, when it is, i held down shift and sync on the unit until the eq flashed then opened the .jar file. Thats when i get the message - your ddj sr is not connected

I'm on a mac

Posted Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 10:41 am
Now on PC I can't open .jar file, have to wait till Monday for Pio tech support to open. Not happy about this, surly it could of been in a zip file.

Posted Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 5:34 am
djdad wrote :
Important !!! Make sure the unit is on "Other DJ application" mode and NOT in Serato

Where is this option?

Posted Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 5:35 am

Posted Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 6:06 am
Thanks

That's one question answered.

Downloaded Java as a google search revealed you needed it to open ,jar files but even after downloading this it still doesn't open.

My unit is a 1.1 and there is a 1.6 version out so there have been a few updates since.

Posted Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 7:12 am
it will not allow me to download the mapper for this. Can someone please email it to me. I am itching to use my ddj sr

Posted Mon 17 Feb 14 @ 11:11 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
As you need a Professional Full version in order to use it - please register your version and check the download area again.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Tue 18 Feb 14 @ 12:06 am
Nobody will send you files to which you are not currently entitled. Do not ask this again or your account will be locked.

As above, you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional to be able to download mappers, use MIDI controllers and much, much more.

If you have already purchased, then please register your serial number to your account to be able to download the mapper, otherwise please support the software and its future development by purchasing it.

Posted Tue 18 Feb 14 @ 8:00 am
Seems there was a problem with 1.6 update after I reported it 1.7 came out and it worked for me first time.

Not tried this unit with VDJ yet but I will.

Posted Tue 18 Feb 14 @ 12:42 pm
I followed all of these instructions. Music plays but when I change the song tempo the music starts to crackle. I have a Mac I7 quad core 8gig.

Posted Sat 08 Mar 14 @ 12:41 pm
51%