Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [Updated] Novation LaunchPad OPD - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

ok quick question if anyone can help, im trying to remap this to my setup,using launchpad s if i have button 7.1 set to deck 1 goto +1 how can i set the color? any help would be appreciated

i tried using the same commands and using the LED1-4 to get it to be constant but this is not working

Posted Tue 24 Sep 13 @ 4:44 pm
Hello,

I have a problem. I can not download the mapper. Can someone help me please?

Thanks
elektricaninmal

Posted Wed 09 Oct 13 @ 1:39 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
You need to register your Professional Full version in order to download any kind of mapper - makes sence because you need the Pro Full to use it.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Wed 09 Oct 13 @ 2:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
SilentOneLove wrote :
ok quick question if anyone can help, im trying to remap this to my setup,using launchpad s if i have button 7.1 set to deck 1 goto +1 how can i set the color? any help would be appreciated

i tried using the same commands and using the LED1-4 to get it to be constant but this is not working

The LED 7.1 needs to be mapped as ..
get constant x
where x is a value that represents the color u wish to use.

EDIT, well the above would work, if the Leds were mapped that way, but thats not the case..
Each Button has some pre-defined colors. SO you will find some KEYS like LED_7.1_GREEN, LED_7.1_AMBER etc..
You need to have ONLY one mapped and the others as "nothing" or empty
The one you wish to light up, you need to map it as .. on

Posted Wed 09 Oct 13 @ 2:20 pm
Hello,

I have a registered pro version but I can not run the download. is there a possibility to still get handed the mapper.

Sorry for my bad english.

Posted Wed 09 Oct 13 @ 3:33 pm

Posted Thu 10 Oct 13 @ 8:21 am
Hello

This is fun stuff to play with :)

I tried changing a few of the colors by changing the xml file values. But it doesn't seem to have any impact, even after at laptop restart. Does anybody know why?

Best regards
Klaus Mogensen

Posted Mon 14 Oct 13 @ 11:22 pm
What button LED are you trying to change and to what color(s)?

Posted Mon 14 Oct 13 @ 11:29 pm
I'm setting up all the bottom buttons for loop and loop_roll purposes, except the outer ones used for the meter. So I tried to make them all green, by only leaving one line for the two red ones (8.3 and 8.6) in the xml file, and setting it to the same value as the green ones

But they all looks the same (the red ones are still red), even after a restart

Best regards
Klaus Mogensen

Posted Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 2:25 am
The way the LEDs are mapped, you need to have ONLY ONE color as true.
So if you set e.g. LED_8.3 as on or an action that returns true, then all the other colors for the same Pad need to be false (off)

Posted Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 6:59 am
Hmm... I'm not sure I understand

What i tried doing was changing the LaunchPad OPD device.xml file, where the color codes seem to be stored.

This bit:
<button note="113" name="8.2" />
<led note="113" value="0x28" zero="" name="LED_8.2" />
<button note="114" name="8.3" />
<led note="114" value="0x05" zero="" name="LED1_8.3" />
<led note="114" value="0x03" zero="" name="LED2_8.3" />
<button note="115" name="8.4" />
<led note="115" value="0x28" zero="" name="LED_8.4" />
Into this:
<button note="113" name="8.2" />
<led note="113" value="0x28" zero="" name="LED_8.2" />
<led note="114" value="0x28" zero="" name="LED_8.3" />
<button note="115" name="8.4" />
<led note="115" value="0x28" zero="" name="LED_8.4" />

- and the same for 8.6

Looking at the mapper file it doesn't look like it has any color codes (only on/off and so on), so I assumed that it was the device file that needed to be changed for changing colors

Is this wrong?

This is of course not a high priority - it works fine without changing the colors

Best regards
Klaus Mogensen

Posted Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 7:30 am
value="number" represents the color of the Led. Different values offer different color (even flashing colors)
http://d19ulaff0trnck.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/novation/downloads/4080/launchpad-programmers-reference.pdf

So this..
<led note="114" value="0x05" zero="" name="LED1_8.3" />
<led note="114" value="0x03" zero="" name="LED2_8.3" />
will probably offer 2 different colors for the same LED 8.3
In your mapper, you need only one to provide true. Try to map
LED1_8.3-->on
LED2_8.3-->off
you will get one color.
and if you map it like ..
LED1_8.3-->off
LED2_8.3-->on
you will get probably a different color

The best way of course would be to map the leds using min and max values and use get constant in the mapper. We ll get in touch with Superaceman and will update the definition.

Posted Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 8:40 am
After much work with Djdad, we have updated the mapper and definition files so it is more easy to change LED colors. All colors are now changed through the mapping file instead of the device file and can be altered on the spot without having to relaunch the software.

You can define the color, intensity and flashing of each LED by using the action: get constant x. Where x is a decimal number from 0.00 to 1.00

Some useful values

0.57=Off
0.10=RED LOW
0.12=RED FULL
0.23=AMBER LOW
0.49=AMBER FULL
0.22=GREEN LOW
0.47=GREEN FULL
0.09=FLASH RED
0.4645=FLASH AMBER
0.441=FLASH GREEN

Both the LaunchPad and LaunchPad S OPD versions have been updated with this code and are labeled as version 2.1 in the original download areas:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16193/LaunchPad_S_OPD.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15785/LaunchPad_OPD_(OnPadDisplay).html

Posted Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 2:30 pm
Hello

Thank you for this. I've downloaded at installed it, at it looks like something I can figure out how to use :-)

I'll try it out for real when I get home to my Launchpad

Best regards
Klaus Mogensen

Posted Wed 16 Oct 13 @ 9:15 am
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

Have following problem/situation.

I’m adapting the mapper to my personal usage. (Thanks to SuperAceMan and DJdad for the great work you did in this)

As I like to control some of my video effects with the Launchpad, I’ve linked a few of them to some buttons.
I have doubled the clipbank.dll to have more clips for selecting.
As I don’t want to load clipbank video’s on top of each other, I have used the verb video_fx_clear, but this clears also other active video plugins (tittler or showlogo plugin).
How can I avoid that also these plugins are deactivated. (Only want the clipbank plugin to be deactivated)
Now if it would always be these two plugins, I could map them hardcoded, but this isn’t the case so I’m looking for another solution.

I have tried with “Video_fx_clear ‘name of clipbank’, but this is not working.

My idea was that I would create a few variables the can give me for certain video plugins the status 1 or 0 (active or not)
Then I would use the video_fx_clear function and check the variables – if status 1, reactivate the video plugin.

Problem is I don’t know how to to this. Anybody can help or have other suggestions?

Here’s a sample of the code I’ve used so far.

Mapping for the video effects

<map value="Y1" action="page &quot;effects&quot; &amp; video_fx_select &quot;backdrop&quot; &amp; video_fx &amp; page &quot;browser&quot;" />
<map value="Y2" action="page &quot;effects&quot; &amp; video_fx_select &quot;Boom_Auto&quot; &amp; video_fx &amp; page &quot;browser&quot;" />
<map value="Y3" action="page &quot;effects&quot; &amp; video_fx_select &quot;Videorotation&quot; &amp; video_fx &amp; page &quot;browser&quot;" />
<map value="Y4" action="page &quot;effects&quot; &amp; video_fx_select &quot;ShowLogo&quot; &amp; video_fx &amp; page &quot;browser&quot;" />

Mapping for the clipbanks

<map value="1.8" action="page &quot;effects&quot; &amp; video_fx_clear &amp; video_fx_select &quot;001_Clipbanks\Clipbank_Disco Silver&quot; &amp; video_fx_button+1 &amp; video_fx &amp; page &quot;browser&quot;" />
<map value="2.8" action="page &quot;effects&quot; &amp; video_fx_clear &amp; video_fx_select &quot;001_Clipbanks\Clipbank_Initial&quot; &amp; video_fx_button+1 &amp; video_fx &amp; page &quot;browser&quot;" />
<map value="3.8" action="page &quot;effects&quot; &amp; video_fx_clear &amp; video_fx_select &quot;001_Clipbanks\Clipbank_ShadowDancers&quot; &amp; video_fx_button+1 &amp; video_fx &amp; page &quot;browser&quot;" />
<map value="4.8" action="page &quot;effects&quot; &amp; video_fx_clear &amp; video_fx_select &quot;001_Clipbanks\Clipbank_Themas&quot; &amp; video_fx_button+1 &amp; video_fx &amp; page &quot;browser&quot;" />
<map value="5.8" action="page &quot;effects&quot; &amp; video_fx_clear &amp; video_fx_select &quot;001_Clipbanks\Clipbank_Varia&quot; &amp; video_fx_button+1 &amp; video_fx &amp; page &quot;browser&quot;" />

J.

Posted Wed 23 Oct 13 @ 12:02 pm
Your question should be posted to Software forums, as its not related to any specific unit, such as the Launchpad.

However, here is a tip you can try . Use something like that to check if another Video effect is active or not.
video_fx_select 'videoEffectName_1' & video_fx on ? video_fx off & video_fx_select 'videoEffectName_2' & video_fx : video_fx_select 'videoEffectName_2' & video_fx
But i warn you, final scripts arel going to be looong if u need to check all the effects ;)

Posted Wed 23 Oct 13 @ 12:28 pm
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Djdad

Sorry for posting it in this thread
Anyhow thanks for the tip.
I'm only using 5 different video-effects, but indeed even then it will be a long script.

J.

Posted Wed 23 Oct 13 @ 3:02 pm
thanks guys everything is up and running smooth nice

Posted Wed 23 Oct 13 @ 8:34 pm
Ive downloaded the mapper for the Launchpad S but VDJ still will not recognize it. Is there something else I need to do?

Posted Thu 31 Oct 13 @ 3:19 pm
Same Question here.
Downloaded, doubleclicked - but the launchpad is not recognized - just "Simple Midi Wrapper" and "Keyboard"

Posted Tue 26 Nov 13 @ 2:45 pm
56%