Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [Updated] Novation LaunchPad OPD - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Novation Launchpad OPD (On Pad Display)

Here is an updated mapper and device file that has some nice visual feedback as well as takes advantage of some of the new features that have been made available in recent VirtualDJ updates. This has been designed specifically for version 7.4 but will work in earlier versions with some features unavailable.

Download Link http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15785/LaunchPad_OPD_(OnPadDisplay).html

As per the first version of this mapper, it was designed as an add-on for your existing controller and was designed for a traditional 2 deck setup. It does not have transport or volume controls for the decks.

Features include:

• 12 sample banks with sampler volume control
  • CBG Meters for each deck
  • 6 Hot Cue points per deck
  • Level meters for each deck
  • Master VU Meter
  • Limiter indicator across top set of LEDs
  • Skin Panel swap for Mixer/Video/Scratch
  • Browser panel selecter
  • Loop controls
  • *New* Slip Mode On/Off
  • *New* Loop Roll

The diagram below will give you the general idea, but really cannot be appreciated unless it is seen in it’s working state as there are a total of 5 live meters.

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 5:07 pm
Here ya go - a quick demo YouTube video of the Launchpad OPD in action...

Click Me

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 7:00 pm
Thanks for the quick overview Groovin. It was something different and fun to make (especially with the new functions). I was hoping to make a video but happy that you beat me to it!

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 7:26 pm
Here is how the limiter will display letting you know that your levels are to high:

Posted Tue 26 Mar 13 @ 7:41 pm
WOW awesome man, gonna try this

Posted Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 6:25 am
This mapper works great!! Extremely easy to figure out and use. Almost plug n play outside of downloading a single driver for it along with the above link for mapper. Its all plug n play after that. Nice thing now is that you have full access to 6 hot cue points, 12 samples with volume control and, slip mode, and the famous loop roll. The hot cues can be easily deleted by holding the hot cue button for 2 seconds. It is an extremely responsive controller with well build pads. The volume meters work great for visual inspection or each decks levels. The CBG (computerized beat grid) works like a visual LED metronome. Download it, use it, Enjoy it. Great job Aceman!!

Posted Fri 19 Apr 13 @ 9:59 pm
Don't have a launchpad yet, but gonna get one soon. Can I use both my normal controller and my launchpad at the same time? Using the launchpad just for some finger druming while doing everything else on my normal controller?

Posted Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 11:53 am
mapper works great man! love it! but I am having trouble running both my stanton djc 4 controller and novation launchpad at the same time. each one works when it's the only one hooked up but when I plug in both one of the two will light up but isn't responsive. how can I set up both these controllers at once?

Posted Fri 03 May 13 @ 7:57 pm
Please don't spam the forums by posting the same message several times in different places.

You'll only get the mods on your tail.

Posted Sat 04 May 13 @ 6:13 am
well maybe if the mods or anyone would give me a little help....

Posted Sun 05 May 13 @ 9:45 pm
wow great video. i got a question can i use this mapping to control loops samples or fx like beatgrid and others. or is it a funny display mod?

Posted Thu 04 Jul 13 @ 1:14 pm
There are no effects mapped on the OPD version, but you can certainly remap anything you want. The 1st version of this controller (no display) had effect controls: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15063/Novation_Launchpad.html

You can always map any button you decide for effects. Hint: the EQ display actually have nothing mapped to the buttons, just the LEDs. You could use those for effects.

Posted Thu 04 Jul 13 @ 1:26 pm
what is about a kombi by opd and effects.. i think its funny to see on the launchpad what the eqs are working

sorry for bad english :)

Posted Thu 04 Jul 13 @ 3:04 pm
Please help!! Installed OPD mapper but it does not show up, I can map it in simple mapper and it's working fine in Ableton. Have tried deleted from devices & mappers without any luck. What am I missing here? Is this because it's a Launchpad S?

Posted Sat 10 Aug 13 @ 12:53 pm
If it's a LaunchPad S then the device ID is likely different. If you wish, contact me via private message and we will work together to see if we can get you up and running.

Thank you for the feedback.

Posted Sat 10 Aug 13 @ 1:43 pm
Message sent;^]

Posted Sat 10 Aug 13 @ 2:17 pm
Now it's up & running, I gotta say this is awesome work! I love that I can map commands on any of the meters without losing the meter display. Got my clipbanks mapped on the CGB pads, turned the loop controls into effects triggers plus added commands on user 1 & 2 for video_fx & video (so I can switch to a windows slideshow). Perfect companion with my NS6;^]

Posted Sat 10 Aug 13 @ 5:09 pm

Posted Sat 31 Aug 13 @ 10:41 am

Posted Wed 04 Sep 13 @ 1:18 pm
Small as my part was I'm super glad to help;^]

Posted Sat 07 Sep 13 @ 10:52 am
28%