- POWER.ON/OFF. Power on the unit after all the necessary connections are done.
- POWER SOCKET. Connect a universal AC cord.
- SEND/RETURN Use balanced pairs of ¼” TS jacks for the SEND and RETURN Inputs. These Outputs/Inputs are normally used to connect outboard effect units
- INPUTS. 2 Phono/CDLINE and 2 LINE/CDLINE inputs are provided by RCA jacks (one for each Deck/mixer channel). PHONO Inputs on CH1 and CH4 can be used to connect turntables. CDLINE Inputs (in all 4 mixer channels) can be used to connect CD Players. LINE Inputs in CH2 and CH3 can be used to connect other analogue Auxiliary Sources.
- MASTER 1 (BALANCED) Connect your amplifier using a pair of balanced XLR jacks. The level of this output is controlled by the MASTER LEVEL knob at the top panel
- MASTER 2 (UNBALANCED). Connect your amplifier using a pair of RCA cables. The level of this output is controlled by the MASTER LEVEL knob at the top panel
- REC OUT. Additional unbalanced Output. Use standard RCA cables and send the Master Output to an external recording device.
- BOOTH OUT Use a pair of balanced ¼“ TRS jacks to connect the unit with your secondary output (e.g. for monitor). The level of this output is controlled by the BOOTH knob at the top panel
- DIGITAL. S/PDIF Output. Used to digitally link mixers without converting to analog.
- CONTROL. 3.5mm mini phone jack type connections. If you connect a Pioneer CDJ Player with the supplied Control cables, you will be able to start/stop playback with the Volume faders of the DJM-850.
- MIC2 INPUT Connect a microphone using a balanced ¼” TRS plug or unbalanced TS plug.
- MIDI OUT Connect this input with the MIDI IN Terminal of an external MIDI sequencer.
Note: The Master, Booth and Rec outputs arrive from the same “Main Mix” signal. The first 2 have their own LEVEL control at the top panel. Because all signals are identical, users may use any of these outputs as the “Main” output if a different cable type is required for system connection.