- Hardware Manuals Index
- Numark Index
- DJ2GO2 TOUCH
- iDJ Live II
- Mixdeck Express
- Mixdeck Quad
- Mixtrack 3
- Mixtrack Edge
- Mixtrack II
- Mixtrack Platinum
- Mixtrack Platinum FX
- Mixtrack Pro
- Mixtrack Pro 3
- Mixtrack Pro FX
- Mixtrack Pro II
- Mixtrack Quad
- NDX 500
- NDX 800
- NDX 900
- NS6 II
- NS7 II
- NS7 III
- NV II
- PartyMix Pro
Firmware & Drivers
Windows & Mac
No drivers are required to be installed and no firmware update is currently available. Numark Orbit is a USB Class compliant device, however always check the Numark website for any updated notifications http://www.numark.com/product/orbit
Simply connect the unit’s USB socket with a USB port of your computer, power on and let your Operating system to install the necessary drivers.
There are 2 ways to connect the Numark Orbit with your computer.
Simply connect the unit’s USB socket with a USB port of your computer, power on the unit using the side Power switcher and let your Operating system to install the necessary drivers.
Plug the provided USB Wireless receiver to a USB port of your computer and power on the unit. Allow a couple of minutes for the pairing.
- In case the USB wireless receiver (dongle) doesn’t pair with the unit follow these steps:
- Make sure Orbit is off and the wireless USB receiver is not connected to a computer.
- Press and hold down Pad Bank Selectors 1 and 4, and then power Orbit on.
- Press the pad 16. Virtual Knob Selector K1 will flash
- Connect the wireless USB receiver to your computer within 10 seconds. Virtual Knob Selector K2 will flash.
- Press pad 12. The Virtual Knob Selectors (K1, K2, K3, and K4) will flash once to indicate Orbit is paired to the wireless USB receiver
VirtualDJ 8 Setup
Once VirtualDJ 8 is opened, a Login Window will appear. Login with your Account’s credentials.
A Pro Infinity, a PLUS or a Pro Subscription License is required to use the Numark Orbit. Without any of the above Licenses, the controller will operate for 10 minutes each time you restart VirtualDJ.
Click to OK.
The unit is now ready to operate.
The unit should be visible in the CONTROLLERS tab of Config and the “factory default” available/selected from the Mappings drop-down list.
The factory default Mapping offers the functions described in this Manual, however those can be adjusted to your needs via VDJ Script actions.
Find more details at
The unit is not offering any built-in audio interface and VirtualDJ will use your computer’s built-in sound card by default (if not any other is chosen).
See some examples in the VirtualDJ 8 User Guide. http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj8/settings/audiosetup.html
For further software settings please refer to the User Guide of VirtualDJ 8.