Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Sample Pitch Control

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just purchased VDJ a few weeks ago but have been using it for about two years now. I like the new sample keys that are syncronized with the decks. But at times it doesn't work right. Anyway to added pitch controllers to the sample keys? What do you think?

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 4:57 pm
do you mean a second slider - next to the pitch, in order to control the key the song is at?

i.e on certain decks, if you move the pitch up, then press the lock key, it stays at that pitch???

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 12:30 am
No I mean a way to control the speed of the samples themselves.

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 3:23 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Before you create your sample, make sure you have the CBG perfectly aligned. The sampler matches the CBG of the sample with the CBG of the song you are playing. If both those are on the money, you should get a nice blend.

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 9:44 pm
Yup and the sample locks in to the beat or if you like you can adjust to sync to 1/2 or even 1/4 beat....like a quantize function.
Andre

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 9:51 pm
Thanks, I'll try that! Still would be nice to do it on the fly though!

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 10:19 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's already possible:

1°) If you want to create a loop from a current playing track:
===> Create a x beats seamless loop during a bassline - click on loop - then exit your loop

2°) Other and best solution:
===> Play your track
Then you want to create a loop without doing anything on the current track
===> Load the same track onto the other deck
===> Create your loop from the track loaded
===>That's done!

Posted Sat 05 Feb 05 @ 8:07 am
you can give me one software virtual 2.06 ok?

Posted Sat 05 Feb 05 @ 3:18 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry I don't really understand your question.
If you need to download again your install files then ask to e-service that's the only solution if you don't have a backup.

Posted Sat 05 Feb 05 @ 3:23 pm
Yeah Clax I do that now. But again it would be nice to be able to adjust the pitch on the fly with out having to create loops on either deck. There are times that when I am mixing, I like to have both decks going...deck A for instance with an outro and deck B with an intro. At the same time with a sample playing kind of filling in a gap of just beats. Either a musical sample of an acapella.

Posted Sat 05 Feb 05 @ 8:46 pm
If your loops and samples are done correctly....the beatlock works ...so why adjust?
Andre

Posted Sun 06 Feb 05 @ 10:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)