Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ vs PCDJ DEX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What PCDJ Dex has that VDj doesnt have ?

I really like the ECHO FX is very impressive..Can in a near future see that on VDJ ?

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 7:58 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The better question to ask is what does VirtualDJ have that DEX does not.

We can do all the same Audio file stuff even the Echo FX -- matter of fact there are several different Echo FX available.

As for what we have that is not in DEX - Video support.

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 8:50 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
cstoll wrote :
The better question to ask is what does VirtualDJ have that DEX does not.

Sorry cstoll : Not a good answer -
Vdj is better for me but ....
Vdj haven't Waitlist (a very good feature) Drag playlist is not needed !!! I hate to use mouse for do it -
DEX WRITE Id3tags - we want to save all info in our files , why not ?? we had this feature in vdj and we lost it -
Dev staff always can learn from others , even from winamp if they put something good .
There's a lots of features in vdj taken from others .
It's good to try others dj softwares .

Posted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 8:48 am
Yes - Virtual DJ is superior overall, but PCDJ has always been excellent in the WAITLIST department. In VDJ, why not eliminate the SIDELIST (on the bottom area) and SIDE area (both of which are too small to be useful) and create a WAITLIST that toggles into the same full space that the browser occupies? PLAYLISTS are already filling this area when we select a playlist.... WAITLISTS should be the same.

Posted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 10:55 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I don't get the naming of the side list feature anyway,

Surely a sidelist should be at the side, left or right, not at the bottom of the skin, lol

Posted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 10:59 am
PCDJ DEX is a great program. It is in actual fact just Adion dj decks renamed. It does alot of things very well but it is also very similar to vdj.

I have both but it's really up to you which one you want to buy

Posted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 2:45 pm
HUmm cool then..

I prefer VDJ..

I dont see any bad thing on the VDJ at least for now..only minor adjustments to do it..

So what about that ECHO stuff ? So VDJ can do the ECHO stuff exact as the PCDJ DEX ?

Posted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 4:08 pm
Gerry APRO InfinityMember since 2008
I agree with Eric..... frankly both of those areas confuse me. I would love to have that entire lower area toggle between the Browser, Playlist, and Waitlist.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 08 @ 11:06 am
Thanks Gerry.

Any possibility of incorporating this?

Posted Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 1:16 pm
shortcut assigning for dex is complicated. vdj is simple thereby better.
sound quality dex is way way better.
dex skin is better.
dex asks for way smaller system requirements than vdj.
cue points simple with vdj is simpler.
dex mixer is better than vdj.

dex is about a year or 2 behind vdj but when they have it right its the future...

Posted Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 4:02 pm
ghettotech wrote :
sound quality dex is way way better.
I am not agree
ghettotech wrote :
dex skin is better.
really ??? Vdj have a lot good skins
ghettotech wrote :
dex mixer is better than vdj.
?? why ??

Dex is based on Djdecks ... an old software ...at least 6 years now . It's good for bedroom djs , NO for PRO users-

Posted Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 8:38 pm
man-tk have u used dex?
when any new dj software debuts, by the time u master it a better one's already out and the one you're on is played out. and by the time u jump to the new one the older one is updated/better than the one u'r already on. thats pretty much whats going on. there's none that's clearly better. there's 5 or 6 of them out.

its amazing the power they'v squeezed out of dex. and especially the system requirements it runs on. vdj is currently overall better than dex. but dex is better than vdj in many ways.

Posted Sat 01 Nov 08 @ 11:27 am
reppin VDJ all day every day till the day i die.

i was all about VDJ, but with all the bugs (most of which have been fixed-except for the fact that when i scratch video with ANY of the codecs my screen turns blank) sometimes i wonder.

my boss uses PCDJ and it seems pretty basic, but overall, both of the platforms are very, very similar. VDJ is a little easier to learn than PCDJ, but they are both easy.

perhaps VDJ is better for video (except in my case) and timecodes?

Posted Sat 01 Nov 08 @ 2:37 pm
ghettotech wrote :
man-tk have u used dex?

Of course my friend , I can't speak about something that i don't know !
I started with digital in 1998 (Pcdj) & I know very well their products.
DEX = Djdecks with different name (sounds =) - And djdecks is not a new software , it's OLD (2001)
Visiosonic was good , but now they are history - They have new products because they are buying them -
PCDJ VJ = Vdj software made by ATOMIX special for videos .
DEX = Djdecks made by Adion (djdecks cost only 25 € in the past - now : 118 )
They are doing the same as Numark - Numark is not a software company but they have MixMeister & CUE (from other developers)
I have Traktor Scratch Pro (the new version) & Vdj - For the moment I can't see something better outside - Vdj is the best with difference ... we need a better TCV , all we know here , but is coming & we can wait .
BTW : I have traktor scratch because I use audio8 dj soundcard and the complete package cost only a few more euros (software + vinyls + cds)

Posted Sat 01 Nov 08 @ 11:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)