Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What do you think of my mix?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have put some tunes together using VDJ, and i was wondering what you think of it.
My GF did some great artwork on the cover of it.

I've put my mix online, including .cue file and cover-images (even a custom epson-cdprint-file in case you have an Epson R200 or R300 which can print directly onto printable cdrs). it's all there :D
I have 80 Kb/sec upload (i host my site at home)

Duration is about 78 minutes.

I want to thank the Atomix-peepz for creating the best DJ-software package ever.

Please have a look a my home-page:
http://www.djcannonball.com

any feedback is welcome!

Posted Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 12:13 am
2 days have passed. 60 reads but no feedback at all :(((

i want to know what others think of it.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 12:13 pm
Dude nice site, I registered, but do see where your mix is at

Posted Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 12:45 pm
tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry mate - I did download and have a listen at work but I've forgotton exactly what all my thoughts were. I remember there were a couple of odd tunes to put next to each other but at the same time variety is the spice of life as they say.

I'll download again now and listen whilst I'm working (yes I know its Sunday.....but I'm getting paid - which is handly because I just bought a couple of Pioneer CDJ-100s's). Now need to spank some wedge on a Maya 44. Incidentally, if anyone is thinking of buying that device in the UK, www.djstore.co.uk is only £99 + £5 delivery inc. VAT (no offence to Atomix but I almost cried when I saw how much delivery etc. was going to be off the VDJ site).

Posted Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 2:03 pm
...still listening. But my thoughts so far:

Good opening few tracks (though honestly not a fan of the scratch in the beginning - I think perhaps starting closer in on the track might have been better).

But the bad point: what is that cheesy trance tune doing after the prog / before rocker? :o) I'm sure it has a place in someone's set - but not there!! The way you changed style was quite nice and would work in a bar/club when you change style, but to follow it with Rocker it is just too out of place mate.

And then after Rocker it goes back to funkyness (albeit, a bit cheesy too for the very next track). I don't know why, but I just think male vocals in dance music always sound too boy-bandish with the exception of the whole electro vibe thing. But that's my personal preference.

Anyway, I'm but a newbie relatively myself and please not take this as anything other than my personal thoughts from a musical point of view. I think a lot of the tune choices are perfect for a decent late evening bar pre-club warmup (or outside on a sunny afternoon), just slightly tainted by a couple of mis-placed tunes a third of the way through.

Good luck though and place links to more mixes soon mate. I'm very intrested in what other people manage to do with VDJ. Good to hear a few of the effects in use too.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 3:54 pm
djreggieward, thanx for registering.. but you don't have to register in order to download, it's just on the mainpage.. click on 'readmore' and there are the links :)

Tunic, maybe the order wasn't that good... and Rocker is indeed a bit too trancy. Working on zunday huh? phew.. i hope you get those pioneers decks soon :-p
I'll try to select the tunes (order) more carefully in my next mix.

thanx for the feedback to the both of you.

Posted Mon 24 Jan 05 @ 12:53 am

Posted Mon 24 Jan 05 @ 12:59 am
Good price - but for the same of £20 and the fact I've already ordered it from a UK company I think I'll leave it. Cheers anyway mate.

Posted Mon 24 Jan 05 @ 7:23 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
well DJCannonball...
i like your mix...i read the posts of other dj's, but i have my own opinion.
i like your style. the differend style of the tracks in one mix is a bit risky, but i like that.
i like metal, not easy to mix. so when you try and it sounds cool......why not.?
you always have a room full of people that have there own choice.
whit mixes like this you have more fly's killed whit one clap.
keep up this good work....

Posted Mon 24 Jan 05 @ 9:25 am
thanx for all the feedback so far to all of you. thanx!

Posted Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 3:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)