Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mp3Pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Will there be support in VDJ for Mp3PRO? And if not is there a possibility to write a plug-in that will support it?

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 5:47 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don't think there is really any good reason to support mp3 pro.
it seems to me that it's not really a good enough music format for DJ's to use.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 6:27 pm
Mp3 Pro is a scam nothing more. The bitrate is low and unuseable. All MP3 Pro does is split the channel nothing more. Unless you have Stienbergs My MP3 PRO 3.0 Software that can convert to MP3 PRO at 160 bitrate it's useless. This was a mistake on stienbergs part and they reduced the bitrate on the next update. It's nothing but a scam and your better off staying with plain old MP3's.

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 1:01 am
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sometimes, you HAVE to have the low bitrates, and I understand that. Because of that, I went and ripped a lot of songs at 96kMP3PRO. They still sound great on a couple of players, such as Steinberg's MyMP3PRO V5. I did a little more experimentation, and I found that a 96k Ogg Vorbis file still has full range, and should meet the needs of even the most particular DJ. Although, honestly, I've found that songe I've ripped at 96k MP3PRO using MusicMatch sound perfectly fine over a few different club systems I've tried over time. BUT, the 96k Ogg tracks have a bit more on the high end. But, i certainly wouldn't mind MP3PRO support in VDJ, especially if it were a plugin people could opt out of if they wanted to.

Däch
http://www.closedcaskets.com/

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 2:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)