Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Single Greatest VDJ Feature

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The single greatest VDJ feature is easily the overlapping waveforms for decks 1 and 2. I have not seen this feature in any other software and it's what makes VDJ so awesome. Has anyone seen this feature in any other software? What's your favorite feature over other software?

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 8:23 pm
yvesmkPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nope, haven't seen it in any other software, have been looking at about 5 different MP3 DJ software.. none of them had it.
Also the beat calculating in VDJ is awesome, have tried a lot of songs, and always on the spot.
Never had any other software perform this good in beat calculating and in beatmatching.

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 9:24 pm
Well I wasn't too impressed with the bpm auto calculator, but I mix a lot of hip-hop and those beats are tough to match. They are all over the place with wierd beats and drop outs in the kick drum and stuff like that. I think I probably get about 50% correct with hip-hop on VDJ. I will say however, that VDJ has been almost 100% correct when doing bpm calculations on "dance" music. Too bad I don't listen to a lot of that kind of stuff.

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 9:44 pm
Believe me. The beat calculator on this program has come a long long long way since 1.0....

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 10:02 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Mixvibes has the overlapping waveforms feature too, in a separate window, but it is not as good as virtualdj. This window has a fixed size, and can't resized, but it works.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 2:17 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
its hard to pinpoint 1 single feature as the greatest. with me i'd say creating own shortcuts is the single greatest feature.

the active waveform is one hellova feature. makes things way easier if u havent sharpened ur skills.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 3:38 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
To make loops with time coded vinyls -

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 5:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)