Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Carbon Fiber Equipment?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
A friend of mine designs custom automotive parts, and has recently purchased equipment to make carbon fiber part copies from other parts with some sort of wax mold process. I don't pretend to know how it all works. Basically, you give him a part and a few days later he has a carbon fiber replica.

But my point...He has this equipment now and he'll run off parts for me for basically free. Is there anything in the DJ world that would benefit from carbon fiber construction? If nothing else, the look is very trick. =)

I'm already thinking about cosmetic things....Carbon fiber XP10's, mouse, and keyboard for starters. What else am I missing?

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 8:23 pm
I am interested

email me wirelessdj@comcast.net

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 8:56 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What about a carbon fibre screen/monitor case?

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 10:05 pm
I know those carbon fiber sheets are very $$$ but if you could afford to buy enough sheets, a carbon fiber DJ coffin would rule. I'm already planning a coffin for all my gear that is a combination of MDF and Fiberglass, but carbon fiber would be even more outraegous.

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 10:29 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yeah, the sheets are expensive, but this guy is dealing with big parts like car spoilers and such. He's got plenty of large scrap left over to let me tinker with. I'll only have to pay him for the materials used to make the wax mold.

Monitor case is probably out of the question, as I doubt I can get a free piece of carbon fiber large enough to build it. Same for the coffin.

But rack mounts and stuff like that...shouldn't be a problem. As long as it doesn't use a piece of fiber larger than 12'' x 12'', I should be good.

Posted Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 2:18 am
How about a cylinder the size of a record label,2 inches high to use to scratch with the record playing upside down.yes upside down!!!
Take the shell for the needle and flip it upside down then put the weight all the way at the end of the tonearm.....voila the needle will stay on the record underneath and play the song backwards
This works with all Technics direct drive tables with Shure sc35c cartridge and needle
Andre

Posted Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 8:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)