Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Where the hell is is the recovery system when you need it!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I thought you guys had a recovery system on this thing. I'm PISSED, PISSED, PISSED, PISSED!

I'm recording one of my best sessions. I actually achived segway nirvana it was the best ever and BAM! The goddamn program crashes.

It never done that to me before. So I'm waiting for the recovery to kick in and it does nothing. Man am I Pissed beyond belief. Not only did it kill my vibe, it killed my recording. I could not retrieve the file I was recording. It's just an empty 400mg wav file.

Unrecoverable, Thanks alot VDJ. You sure know how to get rid of a hard on.

Now I really lost my faith in the program. I'm back to spinning tables and recording on my PC. You guys need to get your shit together over there. $114 f_u_c_k_i_n_g dollars for this crap.

And I was one of your biggest supporters. Do I sound PISSED? You bet.

PS. Before anybody ask about my system, first of all it runs like cherry.

Amd 1800
2 gigs of ram
One of the best video card on the market
120 gig on hard drive
Windows XP Pro

No programs were running in the background at the time and I used the default skin it came with. So there.

I'll wait for the next patch before I use it again.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 03 @ 3:04 am
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
Don't delete the wav. There must be a way it can be recovered...

And the thing about recording is that if you start recording witjout changing file name it will overwrite the old file without ever asking! I've lost one good mix this way too! Sadly, I'm not in possition to go back to tables, cous I never had them... So, it's just a few headake pills for me and I go on...

Posted Fri 18 Jul 03 @ 9:00 am
Sorry to hear such unfortunate thing happen. I have also noticed the recovery doesn't work everytime. I'm currently running my computer without hyper-threading, as VDJ is totally unusable with it enabled. I still haven't got any response whether it's a problem in all HT cpu's as some teamer closed the topic (i double posted for a valid reason).

Posted Fri 18 Jul 03 @ 9:07 am
I didn't delete the file. But if it cannot be recovered by any conventional way then what's the use. Every time I put the wave file in different audio players it does not want to play. It's like it's waiting for a file to load up.

I just feel at this point I'll try and duplicate the mix session.

Damn, it was some serious Deep House music. I practiced and practiced and was mixing like you wouldn't believe. I'll give it another try but if it happens again I'm going to scream bloody murder in this forum.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 03 @ 2:58 pm
well ... the program is still in its first public release.... the bugs aren't ironed out yet. I do feel your pain. I get crashes constantly too. but just Remember that all the 1.x versions are free upgrades.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 03 @ 4:10 pm
Did you try some editor, instead of players, like Sound Forge or Cool Edit?

Posted Fri 18 Jul 03 @ 4:30 pm
I'll try your advice nscode. I'll throw it in soundforge and see what happens.

I'll post the results.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 03 @ 7:24 pm
Hey "trip_likeido" you mean if VDJ goes up to 2.0 I have to pay for it?

Posted Fri 18 Jul 03 @ 7:26 pm
pay for vdj 2.x? that IS a good question!

Posted Sat 19 Jul 03 @ 9:25 am
yes ... but Im pretty sure the 'upgrade' price is lower than a full version price for a new customer. It's just like paying to upgrade from windows 98 to windows xp.

Posted Sat 19 Jul 03 @ 5:16 pm
Well......that says it all for me i guess....i won`t be buying this program for a long time....not because of the problems...(all new software has to get the bugs worked out)...but because i`ll have to pay for the upgrade after you get the bugs worked out.....i think i`ll wait till version 83.1 comes out and then all the bugs will be worked out for sure....naw...i`ll just wait for 3.1....lol

Posted Sat 19 Jul 03 @ 5:54 pm
trip, will 2.0 also bring the amount of improvment that win xp brought? :) It's only reasonable to ask money for 2.0 if it's gonna be like 5 euros or something... Or they will just make another product :) And I know what will be the name of the new product. Just watch the market and the first software company making DJ product that goes into bancrupsy will be the next victam... How about Atomix Tractor DJ Studio :) or Atomix Sound System DJ, Atomix DJPro, ... and even AtomixAmp :)

Posted Sat 19 Jul 03 @ 8:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)