Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need A Good Souncard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi can anyone tell me a good soundcard that i can use time coded vinyls in low latency mode

also does the hercules console take 1 in low latency through the line in on the front?

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 1:02 pm
MAYA 44 USB.

THE BEST

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 1:48 pm
is the maya 44 usb a better option than the pci mk11 version?
i am using a desktop pc

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 2:01 pm
I think (not sure enought), that the mk 11 DO NOT SUPPORT ASIO 2.0

ASIO 2.0 is VERY important for timecode vinyls. Maya 44 usb does suppord this.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 2:46 pm
thanks for your replys. so is the maya 44 usb a decent card for time code vinyls then or are there any othe makes of sound cards to look out for (internal & external) ?

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 2:59 pm
Midiman Delta 44 or delta 66. Both work great. These are pci sound cards with a breakout box. Not usb. Asio mode works great as well.

killabee44

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 3:09 pm
i can get the Midiman M-Audio Delta 44 For £110.50 in the uk - OR -
i can get the AudioTrak Maya 44 USB For £108.86

Which do you think will be best for my setup (TC vinyl in low latency mode) ?

by the way thanks for all your input

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 3:17 pm
The Maya44 USB has been proven to work remarkably well with the Timecoded Vinyls. I don't myself own one, so I can't tell you if that's true, but that's the feedback I had about it.

macourteau

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 3:54 pm
thaks for all your feedback.
i think im going to go with the maya 44 then, hopefully it should be a straight forward setup and hopfully without any problems with the asio drivers

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 4:01 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
The maya44 usb is the perfect (and the only) solution for a laptop and timecode with Virtual dj.
But for desktop pc ..i'm not sure.
Here are some points
Most new motherboards leave the power on at the usb bus after computer shut down,
and u have to unplug the card manually every time you close the pc.
Usually this "feature" cannot disable from bios
(tested -my- maya with 3 new motherboards..)
Also sometimes i have to unplug and plug the card again after boot up - windows don't recognize
the card... (typical usb problems...) happens once or twice a week.
On the other hand Virtual dj has a compatibility problem/BUG with many -good- cards like maya44mk2-pci version..(it is asio 2.0 for sure) or ESI cards, but delta cards should work as far i know.
And they are proven cards 24/96 (maya44usb is 16/44 or 48)
Maya is 4in/4out only with Asio software but 2/2 in wdm. (delta44 is 4/4 in both wdm and asio)
But Maya44usb asio drivers are "multiclient"
This means that you can use more than 1 asio soft at the same time...
I use Virtual dj and mixvibes dvs via Asio... and timecode on both at the same time, same outputs to the mixer...

The choice is yours ... let me know...

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 5:39 pm
M-audio has a firewire sound card. With my experience with usb sound cards they have a problem with a high pitch humm. My firewire card has no such problem.After trying four different usb sound cards I gave up on usb for sound.Thats including the XP-10 . It starts to humm as soon as I start VDJ.Once the controller is activated through the program you start hearing it through the speakers.Also make sure they provide asio drivers so vdj can use your card in asio mode.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 9:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)