Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video Mixing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone know the names of any video/effects/text software i can check out? i want the live type of software for mixing avi's, jepg's and live text input on the screen, i have done a google search but not come up with anything suitable yet.
Thanks in advance!

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 1:08 pm

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 1:29 pm
try arkaos vdj, the best program for video mixing, used in many raves out there, the dev staff should think seriously in developing vdj with a video mixer......

bye

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 1:30 pm
cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Florida Music Company has a whole section dedicated to Video DJing. Check out Arkaos, as well as Livid Union and Sony + Vegas software and hardware tools here:

http://www.floridamusicco.com/products.asp?cat=28

Also look at the Livid Union web site: http://lividinstruments.com/ for the demo.

Speaking of florida music co, I had a nice chat with one of the guys there a couple of weeks back. He was very helpful, told me his opinions without holding back (unlike many other sales reps who get a kick out of making you feel stupid). The guy told me that the reason they didn't have any turntables on sale was because it was a thing of the past. The future belongs to Visual DJing. Is anyone here doing Visual DJing? If so, what are the entry cost? How well does the crowd respond?

Also, when I told the guy I was using VDJ, he went "Oh, that Atomix thing." He said the reason they don't carry it is because of the lack of external controllers. I mentioned XP10 and TC Vinyl to him. It seems that very few out there know about this "Atomix thing."

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 2:05 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Perhaps the best and only real time uncompressed video playback software out there is Vt4. the rest are toys compared to it. Get it your wallet its gonna cost ya entry level alone is 3500 us.

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 2:11 pm
You could also try Resolume (www.resolume.com)
Ewout

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 2:23 pm
Mixvibes version 4 does video mixing. NOT version 5 or 6

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 5:32 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
None of them do a good job, hell with vt4, you could run a tv station. Oh wait some one already is here's the link

www.maniatv.com

they have 5 VT4 machines

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 7:29 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
swiftelite can do video mixing for music videos and cdg for karaoke but vdj is a much better dj software and more user friendly

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 9:11 pm
Thanks for all your help, i am downloading the Arkoas and Resolume to try out today they seem to be what i'm looking for!
Thanks.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 2:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)