Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ XP10 vs OEM XP10

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When purchasing the XP10's through VDJ, is there any difference in the controllers from the generic factory models being sold elsewhere (other than the cosmetic VDJ sticker, that is)?

Any preset button functions?
Different drivers?
etc?

Posted Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 1:46 pm
I spoke with EKS and they have informed me that there are no hardware differences between the XP10 and the VDJ Pro other than cosmetics.

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 1:12 pm
the buttons are lableled differently and the wheel on the oem xp10 does not have the VDJ logo. Aside from that they seem the same.

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 5:33 pm
Logo and button labels are different, but most important firmware is different so can't use VDJ XP10 with Bison Software provided with OEM version (I don't know about Traktor or other mixing softwares). Another difference is that you don't receive a manual and the price! € 100.00 !

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 2:54 am
bramszHome userMember since 2004
Costs a normal XP10 only 100 euros?

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 3:12 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
no, 100 euros more than the VDJ version

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 4:48 am
I don't understand why both sides of this (Atomix and EKS) are playing so close to the vest with this information. It puts me on pause when I'm about to spend $1,000 on equipment and I can't get clear answers from anyone involved.

EKS explicitly told me there was no difference in hardware/firmware between the versions and that the only difference were the cosmetic changes on the buttons and the big red VDJ graphic on the platters.

So, if the firmware is different, does the VDJ version perform better with VDJ or is the firmware difference simply to prevent the use of Bison?

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 10:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)