Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: New actions needed

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Playlist add
playlist delete
playlist sort
playlist clear
playlist random

We need the actions to use the dac to control these

Posted Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 1:30 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Well, an action to load the first song of a playlist on the "default" deck (=the not active) should be something very interesting too

Posted Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 6:37 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

some of them already exist:
Delete (free playlist), random (randomize)...

Posted Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 7:00 pm
No Apopsis. He wants to control these fuctions by use of the DAC-2 controller. I would just want to see the ability to use the wheel as a scroll. Think it would be very handy.

Posted Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 8:57 pm
Valentine,

The scroll recordcase feature has been implemented into the dac controll .dll file that Daniels created (see post next to this one). It will allow the function you describe as well as many, many other very useful ones.

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 3:02 pm
Vantine you might as well change your name to Valentine :)

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 4:56 pm
The man with the arrow ;)

PS Yes, I saw the email and can't wait to load it up! Thanks!

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 6:53 pm
lol.. sorry about messing up your name.

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 9:47 pm
OK there is one thing that has always annoyed me about looping with DAC and we have an opportunity to correct it in the plugin - well maybe?

If you set an 8 beat loop and its not quite correct you use manual loop adjust to get it spot on, it's all playing fine, then you want to come out of the loop, pressing loop again re-engages the 8 beat loop rather than coming out of it.

It's more of a prob with RnB or Acapella loops but if you forget to press loop twice to come out of it, it can ruin a whole mix.

Do we think it can be fixed?

-----

On the subject of manual loop adjust (Daniels - thanks for adding it to DAC, it seems so much easier this way rather than using mouse, well except for the button combo ;-) ) could we add another kind of adjust?

Just now you can adjust the start point or you can adjust the length.
An effect I regularly try to achieve but is very difficult is a shortening stutter that turns into a snare...could we have an action that by pressing both + & - together moves the startpoint closer to the beat and adjust the loop lenght making it shorter (in effect the 2 ends will be getting closer to the beat keeping it centred).

Ross :-)

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 8:57 am
One more action needed

Somthing to load from the playlist to the non-active deck.

Posted Fri 17 Dec 04 @ 5:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)