Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual Dj, HDJC And Memory?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi I Use Vurtual To Dj and hasnt had to many problems with it except crashing a few times...but the manually that i have in the Virtual dj Folder recommends 1gig memory but on the website the manual recomends 512 Mb...I would like to know if i'm mistaken and if 1gig of memory will improve onn the "crashing effect". Thank You

Oh ya i saw it here at the bottom http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/description.html

Posted Mon 13 Dec 04 @ 3:46 pm
I have 1GB of memory on my laptop with a PENTIUM 4, 3.0 GHZ. I have done everything suggested on this site to my laptop, clean intall WINDOWS XP, and it still crashes. Don't spend the money if you don't need to until ATOMIX fixes the problem. My 1GB cost me $300.00, more than what VDJ cost me. If you don't run any other programs while using VDJ, 512 MB of memory is more than enough. I'm still hearing it from my wife over the $300.00, and still have the problem. VDJ could cause many marriage problems if you buy everything suggested here. The program is addictive and like any addiction the more you have the more you want. Use common sense and don't go crazy. Set a budget and take it one step at a time. Regards.

Posted Mon 13 Dec 04 @ 4:26 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
1 HAVE 1 GIG OF RAM - dell inspiron laptop - I use it everyweek - 3 nights a week - 6 hour sessions...and have never CRASHED (Knock on Wood).....

The only tiem i ever had problems is when i used the hercules...and even then it never crashed but the jog wheels would get a little screwey!!!...So instead i made all my shortcuts on teh keyboard and thats all i use and have never had a problem.

Posted Mon 13 Dec 04 @ 4:57 pm
Just doing a clean install windows xp does not guarantee you have the best setup. There are plenty of services running by default that you don't need if all you are doing is running VDJ. Tech TV has talked about this before. Do a google search for xp tweaks and you should be able to find some help turning of some of the un-needed stuff. I think it is possible to have different configurations for different users.

I hope this will help you. I run a lunchbox with an athlon 200+ and just upped to 512 ram and have been running fine for about 4 months till a started using the TCV. Now that I have 512 I have not had any problems.

Posted Mon 13 Dec 04 @ 6:56 pm
1 gig mem on one system 2.6GHZ. 512 on other 1.8 GHZ. Neither crash ever and have been used a lot. Maybe once on the smaller system.

Posted Mon 13 Dec 04 @ 7:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)