Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: long time no post

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

long time no post
man that was a long time the forum was down
I was beginning to get worried

General Serveur Upgrade

All Atomix Productions servers are actually being upgraded.
This operation may take several hours.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Posted Sat 11 Dec 04 @ 7:40 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
A malicious disk crash has just wiped both our main server and its backup at the same time.
Everything is back to normal now.

Posted Sat 11 Dec 04 @ 7:46 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Welcome back, forum i miss you..

Posted Sat 11 Dec 04 @ 9:18 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Really glad you had the archives backed up guys, that would have been a bummer to lose it all.

Really glad..............
Man it's an angry vicious world out there.
I think we ALL were wondering how bad it was.

Posted Sat 11 Dec 04 @ 9:31 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I checked the site one or two days before, it was partial restored, no forum, and the history
page was at version 2.01 !
I had the impression that many data including this forum was gone...

Say the magic word: "BACKUP"
The same for us, users...
I have my music on ...3 hard disk drives (vdj database also...)

Posted Sat 11 Dec 04 @ 10:09 am
It’s amazing how much more I appreciate this place now—sometimes you have to loose something before you can fully appreciate it. I’m glad “everything is back to normal now.” However, if another problem of this magnitude ever occurs again, can the Management Team please consider modifying this message:

"General Serveur Upgrade

All Atomix Productions servers are actually being upgraded.
This operation may take several hours.
We apologize for the inconvenience."

To this:

Site Status

All Atomix Productions servers are being upgraded. Unfortunately, the amount of time it will take to complete this procedure is uncertain. Therefore, please continue to return periodically for current site status information. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

The reason why I’ve suggested this modification is because the original message states, “this operation may take several hours.” However, it actually took days—it seemed like weeks!

OO

Posted Sat 11 Dec 04 @ 12:58 pm
I could name two other comppanies (but I won't) that I am associated with in the past year that also had this kind of crash happen. They didn't back up recently and lost at least 6 months of data. I think both of them tried to update to service pack 2 and it did not work. This should show all what kind of company Automix is. Bravo guys!

Posted Sat 11 Dec 04 @ 1:14 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I think it's pretty clear what happened.

It sure beats:

This
Page
Cannot
Be Displayed

Posted Sat 11 Dec 04 @ 2:19 pm
Welcome back VirtualDJ! It was like being in solitary confinment while you were down. Now that's cruel and unusual punishment!

Ronny582

Posted Sat 11 Dec 04 @ 7:42 pm
Man!!! It was as if I had lost a limb. I could not do anything else, you how it feels when something is part of your daily routine. It's like losing a girlfriend. :-//

Posted Sat 11 Dec 04 @ 7:44 pm
heard that

Posted Sat 11 Dec 04 @ 7:45 pm
mp3jrick: “Really glad you had the archives backed up guys, that would have been a bummer to lose it all….I think it's pretty clear what happened. It sure beats:

This
Page
Cannot
Be Displayed”

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo true!

apopsis: “Say the magic word: "BACKUP" The same for us, users...vdj database”

I had also started compiling my on VDJ database before this situation happened. I will commit even more time to finishing this task.

Vantinedj: “I could name two other comppanies (but I won't) that I am associated with in the past year that also had this kind of crash happen….This should show all what kind of company Automix is. Bravo guys!”

I also applaud VDJ for showing such remarkable resilience during a difficult situation! Another company that I have spoken of numerous times in this forum started over from scratch several times with its message boards.

DJ_Manixx: “Man!!!…It’s like losing a girlfriend.”

I love this place too!!!

OO

Posted Sun 12 Dec 04 @ 9:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)