Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Maya 44

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 8:32 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
hey wireless does the asio work with VDJ on that card?

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 9:28 pm
The mk II will work but not with the OEM driver. I am using mine with ASIO4ALL v2

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 10:20 pm
Please tell me that Vdj's asio doesn't only work with usb cards.....

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 11:19 pm
It says ASIO 2 on the box, it should work with any program that supports ASIO. I have tried it with BPM Studio and ASIO and it worked great. Very low latency

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 12:38 am
I found it very interesting as well that the thrid party driver works flawless. It has been a couple of weeks and I haven't heard from audiotrak.

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 3:03 am
what 3rd party driver?

VDJ has a problem with ASIO... period

I can't get it working on my Echo Indigo DJ card
I can't get it working on my Hercules DJ Console

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 9:34 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is the MAYA card essential? If I want to use time coded CD or vinyl with VDJ, do i HAVE to use a MAYA card? Do I have to have an ASIO card?

I missed the "launch" of time coded features. Where do I start? Is there a thread somewhere with all I ever wanted to know but didn't ask...?

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 10:18 pm
The maya usb is the only card that i know of that works correctly.

VDJ has had a problem with asio ever since version 2.0

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 10:30 pm
How essential is ASIO? The time code info page here (http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/) suggets you can use a non asio card. I understand ASIO makes it react quickly, but if I don't want to scratch, will normal sound cards run a time coded CD for basic beatmixing? I'm talking about stop, start, pitch, cueing, stutter etc...

Why is there only one sound card that will work?

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 11:38 pm
I guess I should say I want to utilise my exisiting CD player (Numark CDN88) as a hardware controller. I love the look of the XP10s but I think it's be tricky getting them into New Zealand. I beatmix but don't scratch. Do I need the really flash sound card?

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 11:57 pm
First a third party driver is programmed by neither the manufacturer or the software manufacturer but a third party the idependently comes up with a solution to the interfacing conflict.

ASIO4ALL V2 was created for uses with standard sound cards to release more potiential for the home brew recording artist. I found out by accident that it will allow to the take advantage of the maya44 mkII with VDJ.

You can operate VDJ without the ASIO setup but then everthing you here is delayed by 10-20 miliseconds because it must pass thru the windows sound control panel. The ASIO setup/driver streamlines this process bypassing the windows stuff and reduces the delay or latency as it is called to lat best less then 5 ms which is around what the cdj1000 have.

I just upgraded to the 2.06 and am eager to see the improvments but I have my cdj's out on loan for a project so I will fing out at work thursday and give everyone an update.

For the current price of the xp10's I would recommend a pair of pioneer cdj800's so you have the option to stick in a CD just in case you had problems.

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 12:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)