Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I like to scratch alot, so whats the best soundcard? anyone.....................

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

that video you posted of DJ getdown is good, but he isnt scratching EXTREMELY fast, and not much if any back spinning as required for beat juggling.

what is the best soundcard that YOU users have ACTUALLY used, and gotten superb results with. not just "oh yeah dude, it works, but its not like a real record". i want a real record feel, and then i will buy this. not before. i dont want some suggested this or that. i want to know what has worked for YOU.

my computer can handle the program just fine. i need to know what soundcard is the best for a desktop PC. i can not afford a $3,000 laptop right now, so i need a PCI card

is the MAYA 44 MKII good? i have read some poeple have had problems with it. the card specs state it has like 1.6ms of latency. anyone get this incredible statement with Virtual DJ 2.05? will i be able to cue songs in the headphones with MAYA 44 MKII? will i need 2 cards for cueing?

I need to know these particular things before i go an buy all this stuff.

can you dig it??

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 12:01 am
Maya 44 is great

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 12:31 am
i hear the M-Audio Delta44 is much better

now, your responding gives me the impression that you have used the maya 44 with fantastic results while scratching. is that true?

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 12:55 am
well, im sitting here thinking about all this connecting, and im wondering;

will i have to have another soundcard to handle my games with? should i just leave the card thats in there (soundblaster live), and have that deal with the games.

my computer is an all in one kinda thing. i dont have loads of cash to afford multiple PCs, and laptops.

i think the answer is yes, i will need another card to handle the games i play on the same system as virtual dj with my m-audio delta44

anybody

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 1:15 am
well, is it possible to have one of the 4 line outs as the master out on the delta 44?

that way i could have just this card in my PC. (m-audio delta 44)

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 2:42 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do you want to feel real vinyl ?? go for Maya 44 usb and try with rapid latency .
I'm an old school dj and usually scratch with turntables and Time coded vinyl -

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 3:22 am
right right, i guess i just assumed you knew i was talking about the timecoded vinyl.

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 3:33 am
ok well, im thinking the m-audio delta 44 is going to work like this -

i put each turntable to one line apiece.
this makes turntable 1 on line in 1, and turntable 2 on line in 2.
now, i want to have the output of output 1 being only that of line in 1, and the output of output 2 only line in 2.
i would in turn take those 2 line outs, and plug them into the 2 line ins on my mixer.

Correct??

this is how i see this working, but i just need to make sure before i buy this whole rig.
i forgot to mention i am a DJ already.
i have been spinning since '02.

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 3:58 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Wrong!

Vdj uses 2 stereo line ins you need 4 in and 4 out

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 3:49 pm

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 4:22 pm
if you are currently using the joystick port on the soundcard you will need to purchase a usb style joystick/gamepad as the 4 in 4 out sound cards do not have a joy port.

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 10:22 pm
yeah, I've read those

Cyderhouse;
"Wrong!

Vdj uses 2 stereo line ins you need 4 in and 4 out"

well, thats what i said.

"this makes turntable 1 on line in 1, and turntable 2 on line in 2."

can i have each line in/out independent from each other?
does virtual DJ let me do that?
line 1 in and out is only turntable 1,
and line 2 in and out is only turntable 2
then take those individual line outs from the m audio delta 44,
and plug those into my mixers line in?
it seems like that the best way to set it up for what i need.

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 12:10 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
the m-audio delta series cards work great (i'm only using it for timecoded cd at the moment) but hav it working fine at 2ms latency and they are rock solid stability wise. i'd either go for one of these or the maya card mentioned earlier...

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 2:16 am
now, when you say 2ms latency are you just judguing that by ear, or is there a software config that comes with the delta soundcard that tells you that the latency is 2ms?

or, is there something in virtual dj that tells you your latency with the timecoded vinyl/CDs?

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 2:05 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yes thats in the Delta config window, when the DMA buffer size is set to 128 samples but you need your system tweaqed pretty good to avoid skips with this setting. check out their website www.m-audio.com for tips on configuring your system correctly...
the lowest is 64 samples which will give you 1ms latency however i think it is quite hard to tweaq your system that well (well i havn't been able to yet it depende alot on your motherboard and other devices).

... did you know that the smallest interval the human ear can detect is 20ms...

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 11:47 am
i have a athlon 2800
1 gig crucial RAM
asus a7n8xdeluxe
80 gig hard drive
decent video card
soundblaster
(m-audio delta44 soon)

some recording software. nothing to great

how does your system compare to that? djzero
im pretty sure it could handle 2ms latency right?
I dont know, i may get 5ms...?...

on that DJ craze video that he did for final scratch, he has his latency set to 2.5.
i figure if he can scratch that good at 2.5, so can i.
so, 2.5 is what I'm shooting for.
on timecoded vinyl

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 11:19 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
What DJ craze video ?
any link ?

Posted Mon 06 Dec 04 @ 1:01 am

Posted Mon 06 Dec 04 @ 1:11 am

Posted Mon 06 Dec 04 @ 2:58 am

Posted Mon 06 Dec 04 @ 3:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)