Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rip Vinyl & Suggestion box

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just downloaded V 2.06. Tried it for a while; but I don't see the suggestion box. I have played about 8 different tunes. Where is it supposed to show up?
Also when I finished downloading the newer version (V-2.06) I noticed a shortcut on my desktop which is "Rip Vinyl". What is this for and should it be in the program? Can we delete this from the desktop?
Thanks

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 8:05 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Steve,

Do you have any saved playlists on that machine? If not make a few then the suggestion box will start suggesting :) Don't delete your old playlists

Rip vinyl is vdj's vinyl to mp3 encoder. You can just delete the shortcut.

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 9:57 pm
Yes I have playlist on the machine. That is what I was playing songs from. No Suggestion box appeared. Any other suggestions please?

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 10:04 pm
suggestion box is a folder...
It is right under the database...

Look in the VDJ folders where your music folders etc are

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 2:48 pm
It has finally appeared. I must have played 30 or more tunes; Anyway it is now appearing so everything is okay.
Thanks

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 6:59 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Don't see much value in the suggestion box. Unless I want to mix from 120 bpms to 90. Curious what type of criteria the suggestion box uses. Seems like BPM's would be number one.

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 12:03 am
it is a smart and dynamic feature using your playlists...

so at a current song, the suggestion box will show songs that you usually mix to this song, and also give a few "before" and "after" songs, to suggest where to go from current song

Press BPM and sort by BPM. and you will see it better ;)

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 2:48 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Didn't realize it goes off playlists...that makes more sense. I tried some bad mixes I guess. thanks Norway..again.

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 4:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)