Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: No license user wording

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

this comment is for the team at virtual dj/atomix...hey guys...i do not like being refered to as a "No license user" ... first of all my computer is not powerfull enough to run virtual dj....secondly...if i saved my nickels and dimes to get atomixmp3 don't you think i would do the same for an even better program put out by the same great group that put out atomix?...i would much rather be called an "atomix user/ guest" rather than a no license user because that kind of says i am using a cracked version......and i am not...if the program is good enough to get the crack for it then you shpould buy it to help support reasearch and devolpment.....i will buy this program one day when i have the computer to support it....in the mean time can you do something about the wording under my name..........ty...other than that....i have no complaints......lol........keep up the great work folks...geee.....you could even refer to me as a "want to be user" (wanabee)....that would be fine with me........lol

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 7:54 am
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yeah, i'm kinda confused as to what that means. first i thought 'no license user' meant folks doing the demo, then i thought it was a new term for folks using a cracked version, now i'm thinking it's both, but that can't be right... huh?

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 8:41 am
no licence user is not reffered to a cracked version user ;)

It only means that you dont have a full version with a serial (licence)
So it means that you have a demo-version ;)

but maybe "demo user" would be a better label :)

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 3:19 pm
I agree!
I use the Hercules console and supplied Virtual DJ program. So I have payed for it but still get classed as a dirty "No Licence" user. Cant I be called something a bit more social.

Cheers

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 1:58 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
is not bad to be a "no license user" - I have been a "no license user" and I have not felt dirty
you are an atomix user , this product is different ...and always : you are welcome here

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 3:32 am
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I agree with Man-Tk, it's not a "shame" to be marked as a "no license user" - this unless one feels a little inferiority complex :) (eheh, just kidding!)

It's a simple way to distinguish between people who have buyed the full version of the soft and can take advantage of the full support of the team (i think it's so) and other users who haven't (yet).

Ciao!! :)

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 12:09 pm
OK OK I feel better now!, thanks people.

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 12:50 pm
I have vdj 2.05 running on a pentium 233 with 160 meg of ram.
It is a fujistsu stylistic 2300

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 3:05 am
well.....after reading all the replies i just have to open my mouth and exchange feet here.....lol....to say that i am a no license user is a legal way of saying i am a cracked version user....it implies ilegal use of the program...if the apearence of honor is tarnished, then honor itself is tarnished....by implication you have branded me a man with out honor...i know this was not the intent...but non the less it has happened...i would much rather be refered to as a sad demo user than a no license user...after all......anyone that uses the demo IS a sad person...just like my post over at atomix about demo users and the value of atomixmp3 i think the same thing applies here with VDJ.

http://www.atomixmp3.com/forum/display.html?topic=12978

after all....whether it be Atomixmp3 or VirtualDJ, the same thing really does apply....Both programs "are so much MORE than just a demo." To reap the FULL benifits of these programs you have to be a full version user....in the meantime please do us demo users a favour and refer to us as demo users....thanks

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 10:05 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
"No license user" is exactly your status, it doesn't mean you have a cracked version, it means you haven't bought a license yet.

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 1:53 pm
zachaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think he is right in so far that as he is not using vdj ... he's not a vdj user and so far not a no license user, although he has no license.

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 3:16 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
WHAT'S UP ???
Everybody here wants to help users (demo or full)
Do you have one technical question about VDJ ?
Do you want to know something ?

Our status can be : no license user ... professional user ...vip member ...that doesn't care !
Everybody cames here looking for help not to complain -

Anyway : you will be a "NON LICENSE USER" only for twenty days !!

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 5:23 pm
Man-TK..why was that not told to me in the first place about the 20 day thing..as far as complaing goes that was not my intent. my intent was to bring to the teams attention that words in the english language can imply a few differnt things....and in this case i do not like the implication....but as you say...its only for 20 days .... and with dams post, yours and others i can see that this is a way of telling users apart...no big deal...no matter what anyone says i support the team behind both these programs....and when i can i WILL buy the program. i can get it now as a cracked version but i do not use cracked versions of anything....i am glad that the team has thrown their creative power behind VDJ as it will be the best program of this type out there for quite awhile. to keep it the best, improvements have to be made all the time...thats why i will buy it...if i have caused any pain here i am sorry.........that was not my intent....seems like i opened a jar of worms...good thing i can screw the lid back on.....lol.......

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 7:07 pm
no worries ;) you caused no pain :)
And, its a valid topic.. as you say, it might imply different meanings in English, but that was never the intention :)

Reason for "no licence user" is that there is several free version out : Demo version and Console version. Calling all users that don't have a bought serial to register "demo users" would be wrong towards the console version users, as they don't have a demo, but a fully working free version dedicated to the console :)

Anyways., no worries ;) Hope you like the program, and look forward to see you as a full member one day ;)

dj-in-norway

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 1:45 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
that is exactly the intention. to make u/we feel lesser being and motivate us to get the full program.

Posted Sat 04 Dec 04 @ 3:35 am
well dj-in-norway
just like when i first discovered atomxmp3 and went ga ga over it i have followed this program since the team started on it and i too am foaming at the mouth to buy it.the problem is that i have a 7 yr old computer with only 64 k of ram and a pent 2-400 processer chip.not powerfull at all........just an expensive word processor now. however it can handle atomixmp3...when i get a new computer...i WILL get virtual dj....i make $$$ now with atomix and i KNOW i can make $$$ with V.D.J....i think atomix rocks and i see all the good things about V.D.J. and with the same team behind it i KNOW it will rock too...i too look forward to joing the family of V.D.J. users...thankyou

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 3:03 pm
unreal.....where did the rest of the thread go?

Posted Mon 06 Dec 04 @ 1:25 pm
well.........i guess my hair clour is known now....my blonde does go deeper than my roots...yes guys and gals....i can be soooooooo blonde at times.....lol.........oh......did i say airhead too?....i need a tire pump for a refill every now and then...man.........i FOUND the rest of the thread.....LMAO

Posted Mon 06 Dec 04 @ 1:33 pm
hehe... ;) blondes have more fun, so dont worry :) lool

Posted Mon 13 Dec 04 @ 9:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)