Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Pre-listen to Samples

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I think there should be a way to pre-listen to the samples. With HUNDREDS on file, it is hard to sort it all out and remember what is what at 3 a.m. :)

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 3:40 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I agree with you and I have already asked that. One solution, use your browser to go to samples directory (create a shortcut) and then use pre-listen "monitor"

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 4:14 pm
another solution if you have an external mixer with more than 2 channels, and an extra soundcard...

go to advanced souncard options, route the sampler to the extra soundcard, and put that in channel 3 at external mixer, and prelisten at mixer :)

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 4:32 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That's what I do too.

Posted Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 6:29 pm
My idea was to add a new field "Listen" in each "sample menu" using the same ouput as the "Pre-listen Monitor"

Posted Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 6:42 pm
On pourrait aussi créer une "desk 3" pour les samples comme cela en pré-écoute on aurait desk1, desk2, desk3(=samples) ainsi quand écoute. Le problème se règle en ayant 2 platines actives et une défaut {desk1=default, desk2=active, desk3=active} on pré-écoute desk1,{desk1=active, desk2=default, desk3=active} on pré-écoute desk2,{desk1=active, desk2=active, desk3=default} on pré-écoute desk3 (ie les samples).

////////////
Translation:
Creating a new desk, desk3, for the samples with so two active desk and one default desk

Posted Sat 12 Feb 05 @ 4:34 pm
An other idea about samples is coming. A playlist for samples with a max of 12 samples in the playlist of course. When you load the special playlist it's automatically load in the rack of each samples.When the playlist is not full with the 12 samples the other racks stay like that or become free (empty)

More explications here in French:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=10125

Posted Sun 13 Feb 05 @ 1:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)