Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: HELP ME OUT!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djchaozHome userMember since 2004
is there a way to take off the beat of the background and let the person only sing....because lets say theres a beat and u wanna put another songs beat with the other songs vocal, is that possible?

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 4:58 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you understand tech, it's a really hard thing. all vocal removers can't really work. they take away a frequency of a given audio file. some work better then others. vdj isn't perfect, nor are other programs.. tought thing to do nowadays. differrent song, different results.

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 5:52 am
do all real mixers do that effect?

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 6:25 am
my understanding is no....very hard to create accapella's. Let me know if you find one

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 6:36 am
so how do some djs take off the background beat?

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 6:37 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Try to adjust equ. settings or use vocal plugin but the result is not perfect.

However; look at this common way to mix:
----------------------------------------
- A song is playig in the deck A.
- Beatmatch another track on B and cue it on a beat without vocal with a (for example) 8 beat loop..
- During a part with vocals on deck A, kill bass on A and start B on the same moment.
- Use Fade plugin (with 'out' option) on A and exit loop on B when finished.

Simple but very cool.

Regards,
Clax

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 7:17 am
If you had the instrumental you may be able to play it 180 out of phase and it would cancel out the music and leave the vocal only. you do need to be playing them at the same time. I good software to try it with would be a multitrack like cool edit pro.

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 9:23 am
Great suggestions. If you're hearing a real acappella with no noise at all behind it, it's probably a true one...comes with the 12" or CD. In the studio they can do it because they have every channel of music, vocal, sounds...separate. Once it's recorded there are other frequencies that are the same as the vocals. When you isolate the vocals/frequencies, like most current products, you still get the other "noise". The EQ adjustment idea is something I've tried and it definitely helps so great idea. Not sure I understand the other one but sound's like he really has worked at it.

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 12:54 am
bennaHome userMember since 2004
Hey um 1 Of my mates has virtual dj and he gave it to me. it plays all his windows media files and the mp3's but it won't play my windows media files only the mp3's. How come????????????????

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 6:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)