Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Defective XP10 controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just noticed a problem with one of my XP10 controllers. I thought it was a software problem but I went through and uninstalled and reinstalled back to where everthing should work. But the same thing happened . So I removed one controller at a time to see if the problem still existed .It turns out one of my controllers jog wheels is defective . So I need to send it back which is going to cost me big time.

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 6:01 pm
Don't worry, your defectuous XP10 will be either repaired or exchanged by the manufacturer.
Please contact EKS at contact@eks.fi to arrange a return of the defectuous unit.

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 6:39 pm
I like to know who is going to pay the $60.00 shiping and customs charge to Europe.

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 1:15 am
Email me I might be able to help

wirelessdj@comcast.net

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 4:09 am
I emailed you but I will not take this thing appart for any reason if you have that kind of idea. It has been tested on two computers . I have two controllers so it isn't a software problem. It had me stumped for awhile .It happened suddenly so it took me for a loop. Also there are several skins with bugs in them and the sliders work backwards with the controller.I just changed skins to one that works correctly.

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 4:28 am
Well EKS has recived my email because I require a return receipt on my email. They haven't responded though. Lets see if they ignor me and start a international incident.

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 5:10 pm
I can understand your concern, but please keep in mind that you asked about this problem on a saturday, on thanksgiving weekend nonetheless, and we are now sunday evening and about to solve the problem. I don't know many companies who would have achieved that.

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 11:45 pm
They have read the email because I have a receipt of delivery.But they have failed to give me a reply. Also I paid $400.00 for someting that didn't last four months. And I will have to pay another $60.00 to return it for repair. That I shouldn't have to do in the first place.There is no stated warantee or return policy that is reqiired here in the states either. So you can see my concern since I purchased them from VirtualDj website.

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 1:13 am
I have two XP10's and they have held up fine. I am sorry to see that your's went bad. EKS will help you.

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 1:41 am
I know they will now or nobody will purchase any more of them if they dont.

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 2:14 am
I have had mine for months now with no issues at all. The quality of the components inside are exceptional.

The wheel is a high resolution optical (it will never wear out)
the touch plate is one of a kind and can not be damaged by static electricity
The sound card is great quality
the sliders are extremely accurate

You think that one user with one XP10 is going to ruin EKS reputation? I disagree. If there were mass problems you would have heard about it on this forum and I haven't seen any posts except yours.

On the other hand, HERCULES has mass problems with their jog wheels, that is apparent as I have read from the many users posts. They also have a problem with the new driver. In fact, I still can't use my cue monitor with VDJ anymore!

EKS will help you; Be patient

and you can use one XP10 with VDJ, just use another sound card in the mean time

WirelessDJ

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 3:01 am
That question will be answered soon if they take care of my problem. If they dont then that speaks for itself doesn't it. Why would anyone buy something the company won't warrantee. Let EKS decide that in the next few days which way they want to go.The controller has only been available since July from VirtualDj . So thats as long as I have had mine.So where did you buy yours from? I paid for two good controllers and thats what I expect .I shouldn't have to reconfigure my system to suit them. They could have answered my email when they read it today.So send me yours while I wait.Fat chance.

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 3:21 am
Well I found the problem. They did a poor job of routing the cable to the photo cell causing the wires to hit the bottom of the housing which caused the wire connection to work loose . You could not see it I had to unplug it and replug it in. The wire had indentations from rubbing the bottom of the case.Then everthing started working again.It was a bad placement of wires on their part. Hopefully it wont do it again but the problem still needs to be addressed.

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 9:14 am
Before you purchase a XP-10 think seriously about what you are going to do if it stops working.In the USA it will cost you to send the controller back to finland.Then add in customs duty and so and so forth.Then if you send it regular shiping expect to get it back in about two months.The cost along will upset you alone. Their is not a dealer in the US so it has to go back.The funny thing is the photo cell is made here in the US.So if you need to fix it there is a web address stamped right on the part.Other than that its a series of switches and a slider all connected into a microprocessor.Everthing is soldered in place on the PCB.

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 6:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)