Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What's new in 2.06?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Someone plz fill me in... I see a Suggestion Box folder. What else has changed?

Killabee44

Posted Fri 26 Nov 04 @ 10:11 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Fri 26 Nov 04 @ 10:45 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
the newest and perhaps best thing in the realese is the abilty to map the dac controller with a dll file. I've got some freinds trying to figure it out but I need help from the team to give me a list of supported commands not in the orginal dll file.

Posted Fri 26 Nov 04 @ 11:19 pm
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

Ability to map DAC-2 keys is something I have been waiting for!!!!

Cyderhouse, if I can help plz let me know.

Gotta give credit to the Dev team... these guys are good coming up with fixes and new features so quick. Sometimes there are things that may seem minor but are important to us DJ's.

Can anyone tell me about the "smart auto-bpm" and the "load .VDJ file on a desk"? Thanks.

Killabee44

Posted Fri 26 Nov 04 @ 11:25 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Fri 26 Nov 04 @ 11:40 pm
Killa,

do you know c++?

Posted Fri 26 Nov 04 @ 11:47 pm
Do you all see how fast the sort and search in the folders are? Holy CRAP! And the DAC-2 mapping.... I think they changed some of the mapping already. The controller is acting different. For instance I do not remember the beat light flashing. If you hit loop preview it locks the pitch. I am assuming the dll has to be written. I wish I knew how to help I would land a hand. Man! I hope it is stable because so far I'm lovin life. Oh and bye the way. TOTAL PLAYLIST TIME IS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 12:18 am
How does the suggestion box work? Is it the songs you play most? And what would you use the add to history playlist command for?

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 12:30 am

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE.

I REALLY APPRECIATE THE HARD WORK ATOMIX PRODUCTIONS

:-)

1. the beat light flashing on dac-2 is old news, only works with some tracks
2. somebody figure out how to remap dac-2 please...
would be nice to work like PCDJ Red.
3. so far I have not been able to make 2.06 crash -- but give me time I will figure out how ;-)
4. Nifty vinyl recorder program, great for recording from line in

WirelessDJ

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 2:17 am
Wireless,

I'm working on it already have several mails into kent about it. I don't have a complier either, so even if I figure out the command's I still can't create the dll :( Somebody out there a lot smarter than me is going to have to look into it I can't do it by myself. For the time being it would be helpful if a list were posted on how we want the controller to act. What button does what etc.

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 2:34 am
1. dont forget, temporary match on the dac-2 match button and please DO NOT start track.. that is what play is for.

2. I wonder if we could map it like Red where if the track is playing it it bends (or scratches) then if it is NOT playing, allow it to scroll through record case

3. another thing would be nice is a toggle from bend / scratch from the controller

4. We need to start a post on how DAC-2 should be mapped with vdj dll. I would help you, but I can't program for sh|t.

Cyder, Kent is busy with much bigger things - don't be upset if he does not get back to you right away

This is what happens when a bunch of ex-pcdj users get together. hehe Sorry Visio, you guys were top of the deck when Red ruled the ship, but your captain left and a lot of the crew jumped ship with him. It just hasn't been the same since :-(

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 2:38 am
Found something else new in 2.06 not listed

the analyze window is bigger shows full track location
also when it is analyzing, you can still use the decks!

cool, thank you

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 3:03 am
ah ha, Crash!
http://pages.infinit.net/gat/images/papa-evil-eye.jpg

max load time set to 30 min
1. Have a song playing on deck A
2. load a track into deck B that has NOT been analyzed
3. Start deck B playing
4. Scratch deck B very heavily in the beginning of the track while it is analyzing (I mean keep scratching over and over as fast as possible) This time I was using hecules dj console but it doesn't matter as it happens with DAC-2 and XP10's
5. the Program will exit and no crash guard comes up

hehe, I told I could do it

WirelessDJ

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 3:15 am
Cyder,

I wish I knew C++. I would help you with this.

Heck, I would be trying to create all kinds of goodies, including a proggie to print a list of tracknames, artist and bpm by using the virtualdjdatabase.xml file...

But.. we have more important things including getting the DAC2 mapped out. It is a good idea to get the commands down as to what we want the buttons to do. I for one think that it is too easy to overwrite a .cue. The way Red did it was a more sure way to make sure you MEANT to overwrite that Cue (by studdering the track). Not sure which way would be best to do it in VDJ.

One thing is for sure, the match button definitely should NOT start the track.

One thing missing is a box after you exit telling you to wait... (so that you don't corrupt the database), but not all that important.

It is truly a great update for those that can appreciate it :)

Killabee44

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 3:27 am
A Big respect to the dev team...Thank You...
And it came on my birthday, best present you could ask for!

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 11:18 am
maus75PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Cant see the breaks coming in the songs position anymore ?

Am i the only one ?

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 12:31 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I can't see the breaks either.....i noticed it only happens on songs i have analyed after switching to 2.06.

ANy ideas Team?>

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 2:44 pm
1978Home userMember since 2005
I WANT 2.06 FULL ...I GIVE YOU SOMETHING ELSE... Mail : --@--.--

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry 1978 no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Sat 23 Apr 05 @ 8:40 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yee Haaahh.... another BOLD one!!

Posted Sun 24 Apr 05 @ 12:49 am

Posted Wed 27 Apr 05 @ 3:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)