Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Converting audio CD's to mp3 format

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am kind of new at this, so please bear with me. What software would you guys recommend to convert audio cd's to mp3 format? Thanks in advance for your help.

Jean

Posted Mon 14 Jul 03 @ 6:58 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There are many! Some freeware, some not. CD-ex, audio catalyst, music match, real player, even windows media player has an mp3 converter available....

Posted Mon 14 Jul 03 @ 7:08 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Or simply use the software ! If you have downloaded the lame codec for the record pannel (search this forum for 'record in mp3') you can insert your CD, browse to the drive location select a track and right click --> choose copy to and virtual Dj will automaticcaly rip the track to mp3 format. To rip directly in MP3 you just have to select mp3 format with the dll file on the record pannel

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 1:42 am
use CDEX .. (do a google search).

Best program for ripping files. make sure to rip at LEAST 192 kbps.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 3:00 am
I have found a program that works allot better than CDEX it is call dbpoweramp. It really does a great job and does it fast. I have found myself actually using it right on the job along with the ATOMIXMP# running and I had absolutley no problem with speed or quality. But, yes please use 192kbps.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

DJ Troyka

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 3:15 am
like dj trip_likeido i say do a google search.....but for rightclickmp3.....it is by far the simplest wav to mp3 to wav converter out there...you can set your kbps from 32 (yuk) right up to 320 kbps...96 is F.M. quality...if you are only going to mix stuff for computer work 96 is fine...160 up to 192 would be for d.j. work in clubs etc.....anything above 224 and you are getting into studio quality....this program does it all for you and its FREEWARE

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 10:47 am

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 3:38 pm
Thanks all for your feedback.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 11:05 pm
I use MusicMatch Plus for creating MP3s.
Great quality and no problems :-)

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 11:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)