Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I cant loop with TCCDs and CDJ 800s...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

WTH?!?! ive been trying to figure this out, i hit the loop in button and loop out on my cdj 800s and then it just loops the tccd it doesnt loop the song in virtual dj. ive tried absolute, smart, relative, 0ms lead time. everything.. im using vdj 4.0, i just downgraded from 5.0 and 5.0 had the same problem

Posted Tue 18 Dec 07 @ 12:28 pm
are you getting 100% siignal. If so you should be able to do it in absolute mode. VDJ has great internal looping as well

Posted Tue 18 Dec 07 @ 2:53 pm
no im not getting 100% signal, 0% signal. but it works fine. internal looping sucks because i dont wanna be clicking the laptop when i want to cue something, i always tap a beat in with the cue

Posted Tue 18 Dec 07 @ 8:59 pm
AFG-
I assume you did the Auto-Config on the TCCDs, but sometimes this does it's job slightly backwards.
Go into your timecode config window, and click advanced view in the lower left. To the right of each signal analysis box are two radio buttons: you should click the lower one.
Here you should see a red and a green line, both lined up with a line of white dots. Using the adjust up and adjust down sliders just below the box, you should switch the positions of the two lines, and this should give you 100% signal.
I had to help a friend set up his TCVs, and following that solved the signal quality problem.
CDJ Hotcues and Loops will not work unless you have 100% signal, and autoconfig doesn't do this right all the time.

I hope I did a good job of explaining this, but if not, look at the setting up TCV/TCCD guide in the Hardware Support Forum (It's a sticky).

Good Luck,

DM

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 5:06 pm
AFGUnit106 wrote :
no im not getting 100% signal, 0% signal. but it works fine. internal looping sucks because i dont wanna be clicking the laptop when i want to cue something, i always tap a beat in with the cue

If you are not getting 100% signal then everything is not working fine. Follow time code instructions posted in the software forum, also internal looping can be mapped to any midi device, so now interface with the computer is needed.

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 6:19 pm
ok i fixed it but holy crap the loop is soo crappy lol

Posted Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 2:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)