Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: XP10 vs DAC-2 vs Hercules DJ Console Review - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The XP10's sold by Atomix as the VDJ Pro, will only work with VDJ and nothing else, not even the Bison software developed especially for the XP10 units, and more than likely not with any other software as compatibly is adopted for XP10s (Traktor is supposed to support the XP10 in the near future).

If you want the option to use any other software besides VDJ, now or in the future, you'll need to buy the retail XP10's and not those sold on this site. I believe they can be purchased directly from EKS (www.eks.fi).

The retail XP10's, however, cost 100 pounds more, but includes the Bison software with purchase. The VDJ Pro comes with no software and you'll have to purchase VDJ seperately. Physically, the units are the same, but the VDJ Pro has a red sticker on the platter and the buttons are labeled to match VDJ functions and naming convention. The mechanical workings of the units are identical, though there seems to be some sort of firmware changes between the two in order to prevent the VDJ Pro Version from working with other software.

Not knocking the VDJ Pro Version, but be aware what you are buying into with that 100 pound savings. Personally, with equipment like that, I'd pay the extra money to have more compatibility with other software, plus the ability to resell the item in the future to non-VDJ users.

btw: I got my XP10's used from Wireless. As I understand it, there are significant shipping and import taxes when buying them from EKS.

Posted Mon 03 Jan 05 @ 2:51 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
So the DVinyl unit DOES work with VDJ? Is it mappable...?

Posted Mon 03 Jan 05 @ 2:56 pm
1265PRO InfinityMember since 2005
hello everyone, I'm about to purchase my first VDJ. I'm so used to the denon 2600f and denon 9000 controllers. Is there going to be a controller available to run VDJ with other than the DAC 2? Then i would like to run the system out of my MTX 500 mixer. I'm sorry but I'm not sure if the DAC 2 will do the same thing the screen does with a mouse. Thanks for being petient with a new user

Posted Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 9:05 pm
idj4u:
the controller could not be mapped yourself, but the buttons are mapped ok for me. Read my review for comments on the button layout. You could browse through your cue points, select effects, browse trough your files and folders.
1265:
the layout and use of the dac 2 and dvinyl controllers are almost the same as double cd players like the Denon ones. If you like a table top layout more (like the CDJ1000) the XP 10 is your best choice
Ewout

Posted Fri 07 Jan 05 @ 11:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)