Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: scratch faster on one machine than the other?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have VDj installed on my desktop machine at home to test, and on my laptop for real DJ gigs.

what I notice is that the laptop seems to scratch FASTER than it does with the desktop when using the mouse.

why does it do this??

WirelessDJ

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 11:37 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think it's the configuration of the mouse.
you can change the speed of the mouse.

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 6:25 am
well, one is a touch pad and one is a real mouse

I will try that by hooking up the same mouse to the other machine.

can someone else please try this?

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 12:32 pm
you can chance the touchpad to

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 10:23 pm
wait a minute! what am I saying? The scratch is faster on the laptop than the desktop.

it has nothing to do with the mouse. I am scratching with the XP10's!

isn't that wierd? how can two systems be different in the scratch speed?

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 12:55 pm
i think it has something to do with the difference in chipsets which control your usb-ports. also how many devices are shared on the same IRQ might make a difference.
another thing might have influence: how many usb devices are connected via the same channel. the more usb devices connected, the more bandwith it has to share.

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 3:57 pm
2 xp10's only. I would like to figure this out though

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 10:19 pm
now you got me ...
i realy don't know this... :o(

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 8:45 am
Wireless, there can be so many things of influence, it's almost impossible to figure out.

look, if your usb-controler is on the same irq with another device (even when windows indicates that there is no conflict)it still can be shared so it can be of influence of performance. Also the number of controled devices by USB. Anotherone: the differend manufacturers of usb-controlers (chipsets) can also make a difference.
Some soundcards have custom hardware settings (like latency settings etc). Some USB chipsets can have custom hardware-parameters/settings/timings.

i mean there are thousends of combinations possible why it causing a performance-difference on differend machines. They all have differend circumstances.

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 10:54 am
It is noticable difference. I can scratch with one machine and with another on the same track and you will hear the one moves a lot faster. maybe Ill try a few different sound cards or try bison to see if it is VDJ

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 1:53 pm
what are the sound cards on each of the PCs?

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 5:40 am
1. On the PC it is the Onboard audio C-Media CMI9739A, I also tried a Philips PSC703 PCI sound card
2. On the laptop it is an AC '97 v2.1 Compliant PCI Audio w/3D Audio I also tried a echo indigo DJ or the built in sound

I am thinking it has something to do with something else

Has anyone else noticed this??

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 12:49 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
i enjoy reading wirelessdj posts about pushing the program to its limits and feel the pain punishing the the vdj team. if i were working for vdj wireless's posts would be the most valuable to help perfect the program, yet nightmares too.

Posted Sat 04 Dec 04 @ 3:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)