Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ Expirience

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone!

I had to take the time and just write a little bit about my experience with VDJ. I've been a Traktor user for a while and after that I purchased VDJ, in the begining I had a lot of crashes with VDJ which cause me to go away from it since like everybody else working mobil dj like my self there is no way I can tell a bride to wait 5 minutes while I reboot my laptop that is just not going to work. Time later after reading DJ Coco recommendations I followed them step by step leading me to what I have today which also made me come back to VDJ. "The best DJ software I've ever played with" I still own my Denon's 2500 & 2600 but I can honestly tell you that it is very, very, very hard for me to play live with them when I have Virtual dj working like dream. Not only do I have a Pentium 4 2.4 g and 1 gig of ram but the system simply ROCK!! I'm fixing all my beatgrids and after that it will be the BOMB! Developing team I have to give it to you guy's there is no doubt you guy's created an outstanding product.

Apoligize for all the bla bla! but I had to let this out since today I completed my third gig only using VDJ and like the first time it went great.

Posted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 9:57 pm
good to hear ;) and agree with you... it is the BOMB when bpm's and the grid is corrected to be right for all songs ;)

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 3:06 pm
What do you mean by the beatgrids?

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 3:52 pm
beatgrids or CBG - are those square dots under the beats.
For all functions of VDJ to work perfect, those dots should be aligned under each beat (or each beat that counts as bpm)

hope that helps :)

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 12:43 pm
How do you adjust the position of the grid to the graphic of the beat, are the graphics perfectly aligned to the actual beat in the music.

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 12:54 pm
NetGeekPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Are there plans to be able to drag/stretch the Beatgrid graphically? Is there a way to code that in a Skin or would this be a new feature? I think it would be very useful. This would be similar to the Beatmatch function in Acid.

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 1:44 pm
more advanced skins have CBG buttons that will let you move the grids to fit the beats.

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 2:27 pm
I have played with those, but honestly I find them cumbersome. I like the mouse interaction with the Rythem Window - being able to scratch and zoom. I think some additional modifications to grab the grid and drag it into position and perhaps dragging to stretch it into position would speed up my mapping.

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 2:46 pm
true ;) I like the idea
ask for it as a new feature, in the new feature part of the forum :) maybe Dev Team can make this happen... ;)

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 2:58 pm
I'll post it there...

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 3:00 pm
williHome userMember since 2004
hullo to ya all.its was nice reading djwillymixs message about his ups and downs.i too have had several crashes.but i have pulled through after purchasing a pentium 4 2.4gHz machine.i am curently using 1228mb dd ram and i not doing realy bad.however i would like some one to tell me if dj mix station 2 acn ahndle 2 sound cards.
willi

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 1:56 pm
Hey Guys
I'm Willimix's DJ partner here in beautiful Miami. And I most tell you we are in love with Virtual DJ.

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 5:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)