Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TC Vinyl and ONE TURNTABLE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lzapHome userMember since 2004
Hello all, Iam thinking about purchasing VD2+TC Vinyls but I have one big problem: I HAVE GOT JUST ONE TURNTABLE. And here comes the question:

Is it possible to use VD2 with just one turntable? I mean using it only in one channel, when everyching runs great, you can switch to the other and back... I mean SWITCHING ACTIVE CHANNELS. Is this possible?

Thanks for help

Posted Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 1:59 pm
I would LOVE to see that possible too, as a new feature..

I'll ask the Dev Team if they can make this possible :) Hope so, as I would love to use ONE cd-player for timecode..

Posted Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 2:54 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I bet that this will be reallity soon, based on the Virtual dj
evolution, and another factor ...
(dont ask me ...)

Posted Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 3:34 pm
lzapHome userMember since 2004
Can any Atomix representative confirm that the "deconection" or "swiching channels" feature will be implemented? I need this information for purchase.

Posted Thu 04 Nov 04 @ 3:23 pm
hey.. in the Netherlands there is an old saying:
You can't walk with only 1 leg ;-)

i have never seen a dj with only 1 turntable LOL

ok let's cut the crap, i'm using only 1 Xp10 :-p
i have 2 pieces of timecoded vinyl, but NO turntables at all!

i will borrow 2 turntables, just to try out the timecode vinyls. if i like the vinyl-touch, i will buy 2 turntables myself.

Posted Thu 04 Nov 04 @ 4:12 pm

lool...

the meaning for this feature is to have ONE timecode turntable, and ONE real vinyl turntable ;) so 2 legs... lol

Posted Thu 04 Nov 04 @ 5:10 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
You can already do this. Simply open the config tab after you have finished on one side and enable the timecode on the opposite channel. Be sure to uncheck the other side. This may seem like a pain but I do it while I DJ in the club so its not that bad. I would also like to see this feature in the future as a shortcut :)

Posted Thu 04 Nov 04 @ 5:25 pm
I'm interested also to Tc Vinyl, i want to purchase TC Vinyl but my problem is when i tried to filled-up the information and payment method, my location Saudi Arabia is not on the choose "COUNTRY LIST" then i checked also my Country Which is MANILA Philippines also is not there in their Select "CHOOSE COUNTRY LIST" and i can't complete exactly my address and other information, also can't creat account to Paypal, unlike other on line store you can easily purchase to their product, thru credit card, wire transfer, bussiness check ect...
Hope someday Vdj user here in middle east and Philippines we can easily order VDJ product. i tried it many times but their Country list is not Complete.

is there anyone here can advice me on how to purchase vdj product in the other way, beside of creating Paypal Account?

Posted Thu 04 Nov 04 @ 6:03 pm
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
I also use only one turntable (Actually... I had VDJ with laptop first... then decided I would just buy a turntable and some vinyl to scratch with because I didn't really like using the mouse :). So now I use my laptop and DJ Console as primary mixing (Going into one channel of my main mixer), and the turntable connects to the second channel. It works for me because I don't really like stopping the main track just to scratch (unless i'm using it as an intro). So my turntable is just for scratching over tracks playing from VDJ.

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 5:12 pm
When in low latency mode you don't have the option to uncheck the enable box. Basically we need a keyboard short cut option to switch between timecode on deck one or two. You would also need to ad a drop down box in the remote control 2 screen to select between both,1 or 2 timecode enable.

On a side not I found out by accident that pressing enter will load a song into the non active deck. This keyboard shortcut does not show up in the keyboard config. PCDJ uses the numerical pad number 1 for the left deck and numerical pad number 2 to load the right desk. Although in PCDJ this is not adjustable it would be nice to do this in VIRTUAL DJ.

Posted Thu 18 Nov 04 @ 5:44 pm
What about the one turntable to control the active deck ?

Posted Thu 18 Nov 04 @ 6:07 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
^^^^^ding ding ding what he said

Posted Thu 18 Nov 04 @ 7:41 pm
... mixvibes Dvs already does this, (not that it is better program than vdj)
there is a "one turntable" mode, allow the timecode to control the active player everytime.
like the switch on the xp10, perhaps...

Posted Fri 19 Nov 04 @ 3:01 am
apopsis: "What about the one turntable to control the active deck?"

How about it Dev Team? This would be a great feature!

OO

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 9:58 pm
My question is i have a turntable deck! but i am having problem setin things up. what do i need in order to use the timecode ninly. i am using a laptop. i need an external soundcar in other to use it. Please help me with what i need using a laptop and all the connection. thanks

Posted Fri 11 Feb 05 @ 6:26 pm
i am using a trail version looking forward to purchase the full version! what do i need to set it uup using laptop. Also tc vinyl and a turntable.

Posted Fri 11 Feb 05 @ 6:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)