Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Visualisations for VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Are there any visualisation plugins for VDJ?
If so are they beat and/or volume sensitive?
If so is it possible to have two video outputs the normal one on the laptop screen for mixing and a second output going to an external screen/projector with the vizualisation?

If none of the above exists, would you have any ideas on how to do this outside of VDJ but with the visuals still being senstive to the music going through VDJ?

Thanks in advance!

Posted Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 12:57 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
It is possible to have sound active visualizations with VDJ if you run Winamp visualizations along side.
You have to set up Winamp to "listen" by engauging "line in", which basically takes your output and feeds it back into the system. It will take some resources to do this however.
The Winamp visualizations and Milkdrop visualization are awesome. They do however, run better when Winamp is used for playback. The forum is not much help I found out.

It is also possible to engauge through settings/monitor a second monitor providing the OS version and video card will allow it. You just have to try it to know if it will work.

Posted Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 2:08 pm
Cool, thanks for your input. I've got winamp and particularly like the geiss 2 plugin as it displays Artist & track names and merges them into the visualisaitaion.

Will play around, have an ATI Radeon Mobility video card, will have to check what it's similtaneous multiple output capabilities are...if any!

Native Winamp visualisation support would be nice! Guess atomix would have to pay the Winamp guys a whole pile of cash for the privelige though???

Posted Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 2:28 pm
Thats cool!!

Posted Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 2:35 pm
VJ_EchoPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Also keep a look out for R4 Vis (WinAMP Plugin) or the standalone from Rabid Hamster, b*tching visuals and you can brand them :) I use R4 as part of my live visual gig (although tweaked and branded as per event)

Posted Fri 08 Oct 04 @ 6:59 am
Will check it out tonight, thanks!

Posted Fri 08 Oct 04 @ 9:04 am
R4 is the sh!t for sure, and it runs stand alone.
Just make sure you set up your card prefs correctly.
It loves video memory, 256 will run better.
http://www.rabidhamster.org/R4/download.php

They do accept donations, worth every penny you give.

Posted Fri 17 Dec 04 @ 6:05 am
You tweakted the r4? no txt treu the screen * this is not for commercial use* ?

Posted Fri 17 Dec 04 @ 7:37 am
They want you to register and make a donation for the commercial use of it.
It's worth 50 all day long.

Posted Fri 17 Dec 04 @ 9:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)