Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Club versions of tracks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello

where can i get club version (or just the long version for mixing) of house/garage tracks??
do you now some homepages where i can download (legally) tracks like that??
(mp3, at least 160 kbps)

Or do cds with club versions of house/garage sound exist??
where can i get them??

thanks for your answers and sorry for my english.. :D

c u dj sweet&sour

Posted Thu 09 Sep 04 @ 12:38 pm
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Here in Italy we have the "For DJs only" and the "DJ Selection" CD series (about 8 € per CD, from house to dance) - you can search the web, they're also selled online, on italian sites.
in America there are the "Promo only", but selled only in the US to Pro DJs.
Naturally there are the english Hed Kandi's, internationally avaible, for house music.
These are the CD series I actually know with unmixed extended versions, i think that you can find more on the english market.

I expect infos too from the ProDJs of the site! :)

Ciao!! :)

Posted Thu 09 Sep 04 @ 1:47 pm
tuxxlPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Let's go to some famous Garage labels :

www.soulshine.net
www.largerecords.com
www.largemusic.com
westendrecords.com
www.ricanstructionlabel.com
www.uploud.com

There are certainly others shops I have forgot... You can certainly find more infos into the www.discogs.com website or into some records shops like www.12inch.fr

Cheers

Posted Thu 09 Sep 04 @ 2:19 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

The best known cd's/ compilations that I would reccomend:
(in original, remixed and "unmixed" form as you asked ;)

1. www.headkandi.com

House and disco/u.s garage, these cd's are fantastic and all cd's contain only quality music from all over the world. known for being the best.

2. Deca Dance (no website)
these are great and very cheap collections that have collections of all the various styles of dance (garage, house, latin etc). either search a record site, search engine or look out for treble cd's with very bold graphics on the front ;).

3. http://www1.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/navigate.do?pPageID=1098

This is a url to hmv's download service, that lets you dl music at a very cheap price, you can listen to a particular track first and then select which version you wish to purchase. the site divides music into genres and dates, and also reviews much of the good music, you should have no problem finding what your looking for :).

For those of you that don't know, hmv is one of the largest music retailers in the uk, and have many many cd's online to buy. you'll also find compilations simular to the other two I listed.

The problem with compilation cd's is that they rarely state whether they are mixed or unmixed, the trick to tell is to look at the versions on the track listing.

if the majority of the mixes are like this then they are probably mixed:

"edit", "radio edit", "cut", "re-edit"

if you get the majority of mixes like this then there probably unmixed:

"original version/12"", "album version", "extended mix".

Bear in mind this is only a general rule, the best way to tell is simply knowing your music that's on the cd, if the first track is around 125bpm and the secound 135bpm then it wont be mixed, or if the songs are completely different.

Another great way to tell is to look at the number of tracks on the cd, originals/ long remixes are usually between 5 and 8 minutes long, on this kind of cd you'll get between 8 and 12 tracks max. Mixed cd's or cd's with short edits usually have 18-22 tracks.

The obvious sign is if you get a dj name across the front of the cd, this means it's mixed!.

Hope this is of help :).

Posted Thu 09 Sep 04 @ 2:39 pm
thanks a lot to all!
I hope i find a store in Switzerland which sells cds with unmixed tracks.. :)

Posted Thu 09 Sep 04 @ 3:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)