Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Change How Beatlock works

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm curious to know if you can change how the beatlock feature works. By default, it will keep the indicated tempos matched, and also line up the CBG of each track.

The problem I have is that, while the BPM is usually accurate (occasionally I have to tweak it for some hip-hop tracks though), the CBG is very often not in the right place for anything other than Four-to-the-Floor stock dance beats.

Can you disable the feature of beatlock where you it causes the CBG to adjust itself to line up? All I really want is to be able to keep two tracks at the same tempo while I change the tempo as I mix live to smooth extreme tempo changes over an extended blend (i.e., sometimes I'll do a 30 second or One Minute blend).

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 7:54 pm

Good point

Sync has two behaviours available : Sync (uses CGB) and sync_nocgb (uses real beat peaks)

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 9:51 pm
i would like this also :) i spin hip n rnb ;the cbg is almost always off and most bpms
(",)

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 10:55 pm
ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
You hip hop and house guys have it easy hehe...I play retro and that stuff never follows the cbg! =D

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 7:45 am
ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
dj-in-norway wrote :

Good point

Sync has two behaviours available : Sync (uses CGB) and sync_nocgb (uses real beat peaks)

Uhm, where are we able to modify either of the sync options within vdj norway? Modify the xp10.xml file?

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 7:48 am

yes, the xml mapper or skin xml.
If you have already imported the xp10 xml, you can change it in keyboard shortcuts

Default skin have both. Left-click on sync is sync on cbg, right-click on sync is sync on beat (sync_nocgb)

Both are available as shortcuts, and can be mapped ( sync vs sync_nocgb)

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 9:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)