Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DAC3 & Match not matching...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK, interesting thing going on here sometimes.

Let's say I have 2 songs, one @ 100bpm, and one at 102bpm, CDGs correctly lined up with music beats, and all is good. I press the "Match" button on the DAC3, and it should start the song & auto match bpm as well as line up the CDG. Well, it does, most of the time. Once in a while though, it will drop it someplace in between the CDG marks, or bounce to the wrong CDG mark, even though I drop it very close to on beat where I want it to be. Is there a reason this is happening?

It doesn't matter what songs or bpm (within reason). I'll be listening in headphones just practicing or whatever (In my own little world) waiting for the right time to drop it for the world to hear, and when I do, it's goes a-stray, even though I just did it 10 times & it worked great. What's up?

I'm running VDJ Pro 4.2

Not a system resource thing, I know that. Plus I have Boogis' latest DAC3 mapper.

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 6:51 pm
When you press MATCH, the DAC-3 mapper simply starts the song playing (If it's not already) and then sends either temporary beatock or sync_nocbg depending on whether MATCH or SHIFT+MATCH is pressed. SHIFT+MATCH will jump straight to the beat (Rather than speeding up or slowing down the track), but will not automatically match the BPM.

I don't use automixing myself, but having tried both, most of the time they will match correctly if the button is pressed in time with the beat (SHIFT+MATCH (Sync) seams better at doing this, providing you have manually matched BPM first.) SHIFT+MATCH (sync) also seams to work better when I purposely press the button out of time.

If you've already matched the BPM, then SHIFT+MATCH might be better and more reliable.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 10:45 pm
OK, I'll try this, thank you, for both the reply & the mapper:)

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 10:53 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
On the note of the DAC 3 - my jog wheels seem to be stuck on the scratch function.

Any ideas on how to 'unlock' it? I accidentally nudged it on Saturday night and like a right muppet ended up doing a baby scratch on Leann Rimes - How Do I Live (Dance Version)...hehehe...:o|

Oh...and how about that. I've just posted my 500th message!!!

Woohoo!!!

(",)

P

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 10:56 pm
CP + Match should do it.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 11:10 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Cool, thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 11:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)