Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sony Vegas video editing problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

I've just been trying out the vegas 7 platinum edition demo.

Been importing a VOB file, taking out a rubbish bit in the middle and re-dubbing the sound from a radio edit i had on cd.

But when i try and render it to mpeg-2 file, it gets stuck at 62% and the program won't let you cancel it.

Has anybody else had this happen? does it do it all the time or just occasionally? Any ways round it if you've had it happen?

Also, I've noticed you can get adobe premiere elements for around the same price, anybody know if it's any good?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 1:36 am
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok Andy, here's the deal- I just bought the same program, but you should know that this program does not support .vob files. It does work some of the time and other times it does not see the video or the audio portion. Sometimes it is perfect. When I run into one that it wont edit, I use a program I bought for $30 called AVS converter and I convert it from vob to MPeg2 which Vegas Plat movie studio does allow. This cures most of the problem.

Hope this helps,

B

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 2:41 am
I would suggest that if it is getting to 60% then stopping, you may have run out of HDD space?

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 3:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)