Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ICDX support in VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok it seems the whole dj scene has caught on with the demand of midi. I can imagine that VDJ will begin to add support for the various devices out there....so...

What I'm hoping that is in the pipeline, is IMPROVED support for the ICDx. At the moment you can't change the mapping controls to the buttons, and the sensitivity of the platter is way too low.
There are heaps of features which vdj offers and unfortunately you cant access the ones you want from the ICDX.

I still have hope that the ICDx is able to be used for scratching, ONLY if the sensitivity is able to changed. I know serato is adding ICDx support in their next release/update, so it would be better in vdj's interest to implement ICDx support alot better.

Anyways just thought I'd throw this in the wind. Hopefully the developers catch sight of this :)

If there are any ICDX users who agree it would be nice to get some support...

Posted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 10:45 pm
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't usually scratch when I dj, but I agree with you, actual sensitivity makes it impossible to do it with iCDX, I haven't tried a workaround, using the iCDX in CD mode and with timecodes, but even if that does work, it's not a solution. iCDX is direct pc compatible for a reason.

also I reported a bug in the iCDX screen when showing the time elapsed/remaining, but still there is no solution for it.

A mapper for iCDX is a MUST. Having all those buttons, slide bars and specially the LCD screen makes the duet VDJ and iCDX a perfect match, it just needs a little support.

Posted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 11:05 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Actually there is a way... There is a header file for writing a mapper for the iCDX. I have been waiting to get mine so I could play with the native support then work on a mapper. But thanks to TopDJGear.com -- I've been waiting way to long. So, have patience once I get the controllers - this week -I will be looking at possibly a custom mapper.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 5:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)