Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: If you use Sony Vegas Video (or movie studio)...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI,

If you use Vegas video can you help me with a small question.

I have a file that is only 3 minutes in length, but on the timeline it keeps going after the end of the video onward for almost 2 hours of blank timeline. DO you know how I can get rid of all the extra space after the video? I want the file to just be as long as the video (i.e 3 minutes). As of now I cant render it becuase it sees the file as being 4 hours long. :-(

Thanks.

B

Posted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 10:12 pm
when you render it will give you options like "render loop region" you can use the loop region marker and only mark the file you want to export. The other is that it will only export what is physically on the time line. the blank part of the time line it exactly that... blank. You should be fine with just exporting it like normal.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 12:00 am
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
For some reason, in one recently it sees it as 15 hours long even though the actual material is only there for 3 minutes, I looked to see if something else was there but the time line just keeps going and going.

Any suggestions.

tx,

B

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 2:45 am
You May find that theres one track somewhere that continues on, to 15 hours. Try moving foreward to the 15 hour mark (That will be a hike) and look for a track that finishes there (Proberly a silent one!). aside from that use the render loop option, and just select the area of the project that you WANT to render as suggested above.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 3:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)