Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What is PCDJ up to now?... anyone know about this?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I forgot I had PCDJ radio on my IM from years ago... well a message popped up saying the following:

tkii2: Ok,

First off, it's been a while since I was on air. All I can say is that every one @ D1 has been really really really busy.

Tonight’s show on PCDJ Radio will start at 9pm. @ 10 PM we will be bringing you Reflex! A complete breakdown of what this product is and how it will change your life.

Questions can be IM'ed to me at PCDJRadio@Aol, hotmail or yahoo dot com

See you there!

-------------------------------------

I went to there not so traveled site and found a new product called Reflex now. There is a flash intro on their main page that show a teaser about it.

Does anyone have a clue about it?

And I thought it was kind of humorous that their VJ software is still saying coming soon on their site as well... I am not a hater.... I was very loyal to PCDJ for like 5 years... then jumped ship after discovering VDJ late 2005. I jumped just in time it seems.

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 2:45 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
there circling the edge as they where asset stripped by digital one

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 9:50 am
I too jumped ship, Tom Siko and I were really good friends and also worked together. I was using PCDJ from 1200SL til FX, then came VDJ, SWEET VDJ into my life so here I am and probably will never look back.

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 9:53 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
"the reflex" sounds like a special version of pcdj with a Duran Duran skin or something.

http://www.pcdj.com/products/Reflex.asp

after reading the features it didnt seem to blow my whistle, sounds more like a catch up program then revolutionary.

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 4:29 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

Never underestimate Jorgen Hedberg, this has been under tight wraps for 4 years now and there may be much much more behind the scenes in development that nobody but he knows about.
I think it's already mac compatible so in a sense they have a leg up on other programs already.
This is not to be confused with Visiosonic, PCDJ or the other famous failures.
This is a very refined app pairing with an existing company who needs help.

2007 should be a very interesting year for both software and hardware.

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 5:11 pm

There are those who likes PCDJ, and those who dont..

I'm DEFINITIVELY in the group of those who have never liked PCDJ...

It offers me nothing, it does not even have a "club dj" look (dual players/decks), and offers me very little more than a cd rackmount player..

It migth be cool for those doing kinda wedding/jukebox/automix kind of djing, but for me PCDJ have never been an option..

If VDJ was not here, I'd rather get SSL, MixVibes... and maybe (maybe...) even Traktor

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 9:03 pm
From what I've read it appears Reflex kinda is a cross between Traktor and SSL..

Need to see it go live, but it looks good even though the feature list now posted does IMO not contain anything earth shattering, just that it combines it all into one app..

we'll see..

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 1:37 am

well, to not come around as disrespectful ..

Jorgen is a hero, and he's by many seen as the "Father of all dj software" ... and PCDJ RED was out of this world at that time.. ;)

Will be interesting for sure:)

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 2:03 am
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Reflex System Requirements:

Windows
Windows XP, Pentium-II 800 MHz, 64 MB RAM, 16 bit sound card, CD-ROM 24x

Macintosh
Mac OS X, PowerMac G4 867 MHz, 64 MB RAM, 16 bit sound card, CD-ROM 24x

AND A NEW SKIN FOR REFLEX Comeing Soon.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 07 @ 3:28 pm
listen to mp3rick on this one..it does have dj mode (similar to ssl) this is going to give all some hot competition soon.
the guys say it will be known as the serato killer (and i'm gonna leave it at that for now)

2007 is the year for the digital dj ...the next couple of months is gonna rock(so dont let that money burn a hole in ya pocket...keep it in the bank for a while(trust me on this one)

Posted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 7:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)