Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: view song history same day

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Strange... how can I view a list of the songs I just played in the last 3 hours after VDJ has crashed? I looked in the history log file but don't see the info. I start DJing at my club at happy hour (6pm nightly till 3am) and usually get a crash within 3 hours, most of the time experimenting with things I shouldn't and bang VDJ crashes!! I don't like repeating the same song twice in that time frame so it's nice to see what I've just played. The other night before VDJ crashed I did a ctrl - s to save the database and when I rebooted VDJ I didn't see the info in the history log file until the next day. Where is t being saved on the same date? Or am I just blind... been told that before!

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 5:11 am
if it crashes it wont save unless you hit ctrl>s...seems you know this as you stated you do this ;
try exploring your program files for vdj and look inside playlists to see if its there then you can drag into vdj from there (rt click my cpu>explore>local disk>program files>vdj>playlists)

hope this help

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 5:29 am
Didn't really help...

You didn't tell me where I can find the list of songs I just played. I can save time searching by advancing my clock a day ahead before rebooting VDJ back up but that's not how easy it should be to view the history of the same day!

Does anyone actually know where it is stored(name of file) temporarely? because I can't find it. I'm pretty savvy with computers as I'm a certified computer technician by day so I know how to get to the VDJ folder and search for it. Just never found it... blind or what? Is it temp'd in an xml file? The history log seemed like the first place to start but I got busy Djing so i didn't have time to look in other files. I go back to the club on Wednesday so it would be nice if someone can help me out so I know exactly where to find it when I get there.

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 6:33 am

history.txt in vdj folder ;) in reverse order .. newest at bottom

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 10:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)