Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ?> loose all the analyzed information

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Will I loose all the analyzed information of my “Local Database” If I Right click on “Local Database. Select Delete CD, remove a CD from Search window opens,, remove c, d, f, info…. ???

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 10:03 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes that will wipe all of those songs from search and the database and is not reversable with out a reanalize

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 10:17 pm
All right then try this one for size;;; I deleted songs from a folder on Disc F,, empty Trash Bin, rebooted, rescanned Drives…. VDJ still show the Songs in the folder that I deleted them from>>>> :(

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 10:24 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
nope

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 10:35 pm
skyfxl wrote :
nope

What?

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 10:37 pm

Virtual DJ has 2 database files :

Virtualdj database.xml contains bpm, cues, gain info etc for ALL files you have EVER played or analyzed in VDJ.

ALL these files does not have to be part of the SEARCH database, that is made in the mp3database.txt.

So if all mp3s in say your "party-party" folder where analyzed, the info would be kept in the XML, even if you choose to "remove from search database" when you right click the folder.

The files will then NOT be in the search database, and if removed from favorites, not inside VDJ at all.

If you later want to add it back, just add it to favorites, right-click and "add to search database" and its instantly added (all bpm, cues etc. as they are already in your XML file)

Hope that helps;)

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 10:50 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
skyfxl wrote :
yes that will wipe all of those songs from search and the database and is not reversable with out a reanalize

Incorrect, deleting from the 'Local Database' does not remove BPM/CUE/Analyzed data.

As DJ-in-Norway mentioned that only occurs if you delete the XML file.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 12:22 am
So The info for each analyzed song is stored,,, After deleting, rescan and track that VDJ finds will be displayed as analyzed.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 3:12 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes, all the info is stored in a separate file. I add & remove drives all the time during my gigs because I have multiple partitions of different music.

When I decide I need add them again, all the info is still there. No need to worry!

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 3:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)