Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: We're coming for you Scotland & Paris...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Among the many forthcoming Apple retail outfits slated for 2007 are the first two retail stores in Scotland, and new flagship locations in both Paris and New York City.

From NO stores until early 2001, to 87 stores in September of 2004, and nearly double that in September 2006, for a current total of 165 [147 in the US and 18 throughout the U.K., Japan and Canada]

THAT'S what the rapidly increasing windows to Mac "switcher' movement is fueling in terms of international expansion.

Just like dj-in-norway said in his New Year's Eve poll:

dj-in=norway wrote :

Out-of-the-closet trend of the year PC users getting Mac

http://appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2347

THAT'S how you infiltrate a market. I'm hoping to see the same in terms of VDJ/VV against SSL! =)

"The fastest chain in the history of retail to reach the $1 billion mark for sales, Apple's retail segment continued to reflect phenomenal growth during fiscal 2006. Net sales increased by 43 percent to $3.4 billion compared to 2005, including an increase in Macintosh unit sales of 45 percent to nearly 900,000 units."

Mac version of VDJ please... =)

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 12:17 am
I live down the street from the Apple Store in Chicago (Michigan Ave). I love that place. Come to think of it...Friday and Saturday nights they have a DJ who uses iPods as decks (along with a mixer of course).

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 2:50 am
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
I live down the street from the Apple Store in Chicago (Michigan Ave). I love that place. Come to think of it...Friday and Saturday nights they have a DJ who uses iPods as decks (along with a mixer of course).

Oh man, I want to got to that store SOOO bad. I remember when that "flagship" store first opened http://www.apple.com/retail/northmichiganavenue/week/20061231.html

I remember reading that that store gets something like 30,000 visitors per week. ALL of the Apple Stores are well trafficked [more than 50% are switchers], that's why Apple is just dedicated another 380 million dollars to open more stores, because of customer/switcher demand.

Most of the Apple Stores have live artist events and ALL the ones with theatres have FREE training seminars and workshops.

Michigan Ave. just had these dj's perform live on December 18th:

Live DJs: Flosstradamus
Flosstradamus is the high-energy Chicago DJ team comprised of J2K, Josh Young, and Autobot, Curt Cameruci. They’ve been dominating the scene for over a year and show no signs of slowing down. Come join us for an upbeat live performance by this dynamic duo.
December 18, 4:00 p.m.

Just try and get that level of support and user community involvement from any windows pc manufacturer. ;)

There's just nothing "exciting" about windows (unless you like fixing stuff). Many of my switchers tell me that they're switching now because they've researched "vista" and they feel that it's gonna be the nail in microsofts coffin in terms of proving that they can release an innovative and secure OS.

They just don't wanna be laid to rest with windows when it get's buried, they want an OS that let's them have fun and live again.

Welcome switchers. =)

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 3:09 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Just curious Conquest... Do you work for Apple?

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 4:01 am
l_rids wrote :
Just curious Conquest... Do you work for Apple?

I can neither confirm nor deny the answer to that question... directly.

Large company NDA's can be filled with loopholes, and ALL innovative companies require signed NDA's from their employees.

;)

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 7:27 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
this is a board about virtualdj , not a sales area for apple.

please reduce the number of posts like this

Regards

Simon

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 10:26 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I support Skyfxl on this too,

Conquest, As you are "inside" this trademark you also have to be as an objective observer and VirtualDJ Pro user in here, you could answer or share what you consider "helpful" for our community, but don't directly sale your "trademark" please.

Regards,

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 8:37 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
is Apple an IT company or a cult?

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 2:25 am
skyfxl wrote :
this is a board about virtualdj , not a sales area for apple.

please reduce the number of posts like this

Regards

Simon

I posted this as a "heads up" to VDJ users in Scotland and Paris who might be considering the switch to Mac or are already Mac users.

The forum description states "Anything about Virtual DJ or AtomixMP3, or not about them*... this a general discussion."

Also, I do post about VDJ and relevant dj issues as well.

NI FS/Traktor forums got abandoned by a lot of FS users due to biased and/or innapropriate modding.

"...this a general discussion."

I've already told Norway that you all better realize that you're gonna have to start a Mac VDJ user section soon after the Mac version is released.

The last thing you want is to have is someone come onto these forums who recently bought Mac VDJ and have them get innapropriate information an/or ridiculed by an unknowing windows only knowledgeable user.

That happened ALL the time on FS/Traktor's forums to me and other Mac users.

That's probably a large part of why they didn't make it in the long run.

- ConQuest

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 3:29 am
Dj Xeo wrote :
is Apple an IT company or a cult?

LOL!!!

A hardware manufacturer first, sofware developer second, and a company with an extraordinarily loyal user base for products that people used to refer to as "just a computer", because for most people windows pc's are something that they had to tolerate in the workplace, then ended up in their homes because of their familiarity with them at the workplace, but now the majority of people are realizing that just because their workplaces buy cheap windows pc's for them at work, that doesn't mean that it's the best option for them at home where they don't have an IT department and most don't know anything about fixing a computers' hardware and/or software.

THAT is why the masses are switching to Mac at home, and if they happen to be business owners themselves, guess what? They'll switch their companies computers to Mac when they realize how much money they'll save in the long run by having longer lasting, stable, and secure coomputers that don't need to be constantly managed by expensive IT people and/or departments.

It's like the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". windows is broken, and Macs are fixing it. Because with Macs, the saying changes to "If it don't break, you don't need to fix it."

It's all about T.C.O. [Total Cost of Ownership] now that people are becoming so dependent on their computers to manage many different forms of information for many different reasons, the masses are demanding stability and reliabilty. Also, as applications and useage in general becomes more online based, security is now the primary concern for most people. Macs are stable and secure, windows computers are not.

Here's an interesting read for you about the "cult" like loyalty of Apple users:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_Mac

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 4:51 am
I know the purpose of the forums is for information about the VDJ product but if its "general discussion" and somebody posts something that I may be interested in....I would read and add to the discussion....If no one adds it slips down from the top of the thread list and eventually gets forgotten about.

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 5:06 am
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
I know the purpose of the forums is for information about the VDJ product but if its "general discussion" and somebody posts something that I may be interested in....I would read and add to the discussion....If no one adds it slips down from the top of the thread list and eventually gets forgotten about.

Yeah, see?

CHARLIE F1VE makes me do it. =P

Maybe they'll try to limit the amount of reading next?

FIGHT THE POWER!!! =P

Just playing mods and Atomix staff. ;)

Even though I've been given the title of "Mac Pusher" under my forum name (which I like), I'll try to "tone it down" a bit. =)

- ConQuest

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 8:05 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
ConQuest,

I didn't read that anyone ask for what you post in here. Hope our community has pleny of time to read all your words, even the "humor" in them.

Sintesis; ideas in few words... but here I see the opposite.

Posted Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 5:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)