Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ATTN: Atomix staff & Mac users - A VDJ thread on an Apple/Mac user website... - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I started this thread back in June of this year, but I never had a response until this past week.

Then I got another one yesterday, so I'm just gonna start promoting VDJ and Virtual Vinyl over there, which is actually over here, in the U.S..

I figure if Atomix and Numark are gonna try to appeal to the U.S. market and Mac users as well, then I might as well post on a U.S. based Mac site.

Feel free to jump in and post. I know a couple of you have accounts on that site already... right norway? =)

That 2nd post that I got yesterday had the following argument against VDJ, but I handled it already:

"Why would anyone be excited about "virtual DJ" consider there are MUCH better options on the Mac platform...The fact that it took "Virtual DJ" SO LONG to come to the Mac platform doesn't sit well with me..."

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=3193549#post3193549

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 2:21 am

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 2:42 am
cstoll wrote :
norway - I can personally confirm a very sweet performance factor of MacBook Pro + WinXP(SP2)[BC] + VDJ doing Video with WMPlayer as the decoder -- is better than my custom built box I use at the club.

I just helped a friend of my do this and I was really quite impressed? I had to give ConQuest another opportunity to say 'I told you so....!'

LOL!!! =)

I'm actually staying home tonight to finally test VDJ 4.2 in preparation for an ALL DAY & NIGHT, OUTDOOR New Years Eve Block Party BBQ. I'm bringing my Final Scratch scratch amp and TCV's just in case the VDJ TCV warping issue turns out to be true.

Quite a few turntablists will be there tomorrow, both from my dj crew "LEGEND Entertainment", and the dj crew I'm actually doing the gig with and for, "Unique Technique", so I'll let them all have a crack at VDJ.

I'll post mine and their reactions during the following week.

cstoll wrote :
but if VDJ runs anything near what it is now on a BC MacBook yet under the native OS of OSX - VDJ will kick the $h!t out of Serato.

cstoll

-- This is worth post 1001.

My next "I told you so" will be when everyone realizes that running software on a better OS, Mac OS X, does make a difference. ;)

Why? because winBlows. [calm down people, just playing =P ]

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 3:04 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

No need to way,

Huh?!

I don't understand, norway, please explain.

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 3:36 am

Hmm.. Small typo.. lol ;)

No need to WAIT!

;) hehe

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 3:46 am
Oh, okay.

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 6:34 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
WARNING - WARNING - WARNING
-- JAB COMING --

OK, OK, you know I never disagreed with you. It was the 'can't we all just get along' syndrome. And as you know there are still some quirky things about the BC scenario on the MacBooks.

But I will tell you that 1 day after setting up my friends system for him, he did a 5.5 hr gig and never had an issue. Now then it was limited in what he was doing - Videos, using the WMP as the decoder, controlled by a DAC-3. So no TC use. So, I'll give the props to Apple on how they are getting Intel to engineer the chips and then what ever refinements to the hardware/resource management of the PC/MacBook as a result of the BC and Mac drivers.

Now you can let the air out of your big head - laugh, I said laugh - it was a joke.

cstoll

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 6:58 am
FU#$!%)^%#^#(@*&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cstoll wrote :
Now you can let the air out of your big head - laugh, I said laugh - it was a joke.

cstoll

Oh, okay. =)

BTW, just wait until the FINALIZED, NON-BETA version of "(whatever it's gonna be called)", currently known as Boot Camp, is released in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard in... Spring?... ;) ... (expect some interesting updates from Apple in 2 weeks at MacWorld (January 8th-12th).

Says a lot about a companies competence in software engineering and development when their BETA software kicks the Crap out of other companies ... *cough* miCrapsoft *cough*... "final" software versions.

"laugh, I said laugh - it was a joke."

;)

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 7:21 am
So lets see here:

- norway has already posted that his next computer is a MacBook Pro.

- skyfxl has already said on several occasions that he's gonna get a Mac when he has the money - BTW: we've seen your website sky... YOU AIN'T BROKE. SO STOP LYING AND GO GET YOUR MAC! ;)

- cstoll just gave it up to Apple and VDJ's performance on a MacBook using Boot Camp and pre-enforced what I've been saying for months now: that if VDJ [excluding TCV use] runs this well on windows on a Mac, wiat to see what VDj can do on a REAL OS, Mac OS, natively!

Just like I keep saying that VDJ being used by 1 high profile turntablist/dj will give VDJ a LOT more visibility and credibility than 1,000 bedroom dj's - 1 high profile Atomix staff/teamer/dev will do a LOT more for the adoption of Macs among VDJ users than 1,000 switchers that no one knows about.

Do you see the bigger picture here yet? =)

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 7:51 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ConQuest wrote :
So lets see here:

- skyfxl has already said on several occasions that he's gonna get a Mac when he has the money - BTW: we've seen your website sky... YOU AIN'T BROKE. SO STOP LYING AND GO GET YOUR MAC! ;)

- cstoll just gave it up to Apple and VDJ's performance on a MacBook using Boot Camp and pre-enforced what I've been saying for months now: that if VDJ [excluding TCV use] runs this well on windows on a Mac, wiat to see what VDj can do on a REAL OS, Mac OS, natively!

Just like I keep saying that VDJ being used by 1 high profile turntablist/dj will give VDJ a LOT more visibility and credibility than 1,000 bedroom dj's - 1 high profile Atomix staff/teamer/dev will do a LOT more for the adoption of Macs among VDJ users than 1,000 switchers that no one knows about.

spent my money on a new rig and women lol;)

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 12:47 am
skyfxl wrote :
ConQuest wrote :
So lets see here:

spent my money on a new rig and women lol;)

What the hecks wrong with you sky?!!!

You're a dj, you shouldn't have to pay for women. ;)

LOL!!!

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 12:02 am
He Needs to ground his TurnTables to his computer.

That always Get the Women for me

:P :P

JUst Having fun ConQuest

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 2:36 am
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
He Needs to ground his TurnTables to his computer.

That always Get the Women for me

:P :P

JUst Having fun ConQuest

HA! ME TOO!!!

That MUST be the problem.

Sky - Ground those tables quick to enable maximum "Machismo" and minimal expenditure of your Mac money!

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 2:39 am
sorry im a bit busy right now ;)

cant possibly comment

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 1:03 pm
skyfxl wrote :
sorry im a bit busy right now ;)

cant possibly comment

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt your babysitting. =P

How much are you paying them?!!!. ;)

J/K!!!

HAVE FUN. WISH I WERE THERE! =D

- ConQuest

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 1:18 pm
one again sorry im just to busy to reply :--)

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 2:23 pm
thats the last from me on this topic lol ;)
have fun with the macs :)

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 2:24 pm
skyfxl wrote :
one again sorry im just to busy to reply :--)

HEY!!!

Are those APPLE LOGOS behind her in the picture sky?!!!

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 2:31 pm
yes i picked that one out of the hundreds on my bebo just for u lol

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 2:35 pm
skyfxl wrote :
yes i picked that one out of the hundreds on my bebo just for u lol

LOL!!!

*singing* SKY IS A CLOSET APPLE FAN! SKY IS A CLOSET APPLE FAN! *singing*

;)

BTW, what's a bebo?

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 2:48 pm
80%