Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Could this be the one

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 4:50 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes that will control virtual dj (drools)

you will need to map it =)

but thats easy

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:06 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:12 pm
This is what VESTAX said about no sound card

After consideration, we decided not to load a sound card in order to prevent any latency that may be caused from processing massive sound data on the same signal line. The VESTAX VCI-100 is highly PROFESSIONAL with a JOG wheel built with sensor and control technology from our turntables.

I think this is why the Behringer does not work

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:19 pm
highly professional with a jog wheel......huh highly professional .....what? the shakespeare who wrote the copy doesn't know that the spell checker doesn't catch grammatical errors.........first impressions....and the screws showing is lacking in cool factor.....lol

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:22 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Read that, but that doesn't solve the problem for me, personally I only like to carry two things to a club:
Laptop and controller, I avoid taking seperate soundcards, external HDs, cases etc.

Scratchworx:
"Vestax by their own admission have steered clear of the purely digital market because they wanted to see where it was going and also because they didn't have the expertise to enter the market successfully. So I was relieved to see that at last they've tackled the tough market and come out with something that should keep the digital DJ happy.

We saw this at PLASA hooked up to Traktor and it worked pretty well. The platters are heavy but pretty responsive. It lacks curve controls but this really isn't designed to be a scratchers deck. But for a club DJ using Traktor, Ableton etc, this makes an ideal console to make it more of a DJs experience than pointing and clicking the mouse to rock a crowd.

The VPC-100 has loops, a comprehensive effects section, cue points, full EQ and pitch control so it's pretty fully featured"

This sounds promising, all I can say is: depends on the price.

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:25 pm
i realize that i put myself thru a bunch of hassle , but I go mobile plus do the strip club 5,6, or 7, 7 hour shifts out of the 13 shifts each week .......at the club since i don't have to bring my mobile sound system,i kinda feel like the settling in/ getting set up part is REALLY easy compared to what would happen at say a wedding, and i don't want to constantly go back and forth between using my good expensive soundcard and not using it.....i love great audiophile quality sound and i know when i'm at the club the sound quality is better......i have become more interested in trying to make my sound quality obviously awesome , to have tremendous playlists and organization that is really excellent, and to excel at anticipating and delivering requests very quickly.....since i am not a talented producer or turntablist or both i have tried to confine myself to what i could be good at even if all it really required was to be grindingly thorough

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 6:02 pm
It doesn;t look all that bad to me - The screws showing are a lack of polish though.

This one I might consider buying. I hope it has a mapping editor with it as I'm not very proficient at mapping.

Can't say that I'm impressed with the lack of a soundcard though. Still need that second mixer/line input that's a major pet peeve.

If the price is right though - would use it at home.

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion Nightclub

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 9:44 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
to mapp choose the shortcut you would like to apply then turn the knob or press the button to asign :)

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 12:35 am
foamgodPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Been going through hardware, soundcards, etc for almost 2 years. I bought a lesser priced, but new Numard with 2 usb soundcards built in and by accident, a Hercules controller-the one WITHOUT any additional soundcards or input/outputs. Althought the tiny board works 90% well, I am curious to see if the Vestax is the answer to the more serious club asthetics and performance that my years of reputation and skill in Detroit favor. I have spent thousands in dollars and hours trying to find that fast and furious, but kick ass performer. Is the Vestzx VCI-100 the answer????!!

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 2:37 am
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :

If the price is right though

VESTAX VCI-100 MIDI CONTROLLER

Subtotal 499.00
Shipping 0.00
Tax 0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL 499.00

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 3:11 am
paulettecerra wrote :
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :

If the price is right though

VESTAX VCI-100 MIDI CONTROLLER

Subtotal 499.00
Shipping 0.00
Tax 0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL 499.00

Dollars American?
Dollars Canadian?
Dollars Austrailian?

;p

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 3:22 am
Looks American. Go to the bottom of page,, push ADD TO CART…

http://www.djdeals.com/vestaxVCI100.htm

For $499. , It better perform sexual favors..
If not then those 6 screws are a metaphor...

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 3:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)