Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Approachig Live Music Venues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

To guys that own DJ businesses:...

I'm about to put together a presentation package for about 5 venues in Edmonton that have live music only but no DJ in between sets. They just either let people filter to other areas of the complex or sit there and wait pateintly while the band takes a break.

Now here's the question, I was thinking of having a data CD with a couple of 10min mixes on them, might include a version of the slideshow on YouTube and was thinking of getting a decent video camera and taking a video of new years eve at the Nightclub I work at.

I'm not equiped to do VDJ show's just yet - building another comp for that. So I'm not entirely sure if that portion of VDJ should be in with my sales pitch.

Opinions?

What approach has been successful for you?

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 8:40 pm
I would get your video setup pronto. You need to be able to offer more then a mixed CD alternative. In other words, the club owner tells you "I have some mixed Cd's I use in between sets". What will be your response to that? You should also look into a live video feed with text, like they have in comedy clubs. What can you offer that DJ Joey doesn't have?

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 9:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)