Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Glad to report good news...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have successfully did my first version 4.2r1 gig with TCV's and Ecler Nuo 4 mixer with video for 4 hours straight with NO problems. It took the most recent update to get me to finally switch over to it. I had been using 3.4 up until Christmas day with the update was released.
I loved everything about version 3.4 but I have to say that it was a total improvement with version 4.2. I can't wait to see what more updates will bring us in the near future.

My only real concerns:
are fully using mp3 ID3 tag support.
better TCV's (gen 2 are problematic) I have been using my gen 1's with NO problems whatsoever. But that is another topic all together...

To sum up I have very happy and can't wait til my next gig this weekend doing Saturday night and then New Years Eve with Video mixing on my TCV's.

Good work support team and developers and whomever is the back bone of this wonderful company. :-)

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 12:00 pm
GLAD TO HEAR IT low-fat-al!

The only thing that concerns me, as it did you, is where you said "better TCV's (gen 2 are problematic) I have been using my gen 1's with NO problems whatsoever".

I think I've got gen 2's because I ordered them back in August when 4.0 was about to be released, and they said that those were the only ones shipping at that time.

How can I tell?

Regardless, neither gen 1 or 2 TCV's are thin and/or light enough for REAL scratching, and TCV response is still not up to par with SSL.

We're being told that both of these issues should be resolved with the official launch of Virtual Vinyl though, at the end of January or early February.

Too bad though, I've got an important event with quite a few high profile turntablist/dj's on the 19th of January and i was REALLY hoping that VDJ's TCV response would be good enough for me to really show it off in front of all the SSL users that are gonna be spinning right alongside me.

=(

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 12:14 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
if you had gen1 and gen2 you can clearly see gen2 are "thicker".

ConQuest what do you have for a setup? because reguardless of gen1 or gen2 the responsive feel of the tcv should rival SSL. Side by side i think we could do a blind test and users would be confused enough that it is hard to tell which is which. If you having a latency issue check your settings, what do you have them at? what soundcard? Maybe your just referring to the BASS issues on gen2.

the tcv might not be equal, but that is not to debate, i think the gen2 grooves might not be as deep as needed so it contributes to the BIG bass issues, but that will be clearded up soon.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 4:36 pm
nice news, i'm still working with the first v.4 releases 'cos they worked and don't have time to check/test/config new ones.

But reading this lines... for sure I update soon.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 4:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)